Project 4 Prelim

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.

Which Design is Best?

Design 1
71%
Design 2
29%

Total votes: 7

Austin_Niedfeldt

Project 4 Prelim

Post by Austin_Niedfeldt »

Here are my preliminary roughs for Project 4! I am leaning towards my first design a bit more just because I like the layout a bit more than design 2. I do like how simplistic I was able to make it. I probably should include the programs name because right now my designs just look like the actual TMCC website. Also, I would love some suggestions with a color scheme unless including the TMCC green works good enough.

Design 1:
web_layout01_an-01.jpg
web_layout01_an-02.jpg
mobile_layout01_an-01.jpg
mobile_layout01_an-02.jpg
Design 2:
web_layout02_an-01.jpg
web_layout02_an-02.jpg
mobile_layout02_an-01.jpg
mobile_layout02_an-02.jpg
~ Austin Niedfeldt :lol:

chloecutter

Re: Project 4 Prelim

Post by chloecutter »

Hey Austin, I enjoy the green-text version of these layouts, it fits the brand of TMCC better with the color scheme. Your layout and navigation are easy to understand, I would work on the legibility of your paragraphs against their backgrounds, but other than that I see where this is going and it will turn out really strong!

onnimelon

Post by onnimelon »

I agree with Chloe. I think the green one is more on brand for sure. The sideways title effect for the mobile version is a creative way of fitting large headlines in without compromising sizing/layouts. I know it's all lorem ipsum right now but I don't think you need so much text. Pull back a little. Great photo choices by the way

My vote since poll is closed: First green design
alexandra buyck :D

Giselle

Post by Giselle »

Hello Austin!
I love the first design you posted for the GAMT website. I love the green color scheme; it follows how TMCC shows its information. I only suggest putting a black background behind the picture with opacity. It should help your body copy be more legible, or you can also change the color of the body text if you do not want to add a black background. Besides that, I can't wait to see what you do with this project! :D
Giselle Sanchez

LMisher

Post by LMisher »

Hello Austin!

I think that you have very nice rough drafts. If I had to choose which one was my favorite, I would say it was the pc-size version with the green text. I liked the graphic and color choices, because it stayed true to the TMCC brand. I look forward to seeing you bring this final project home for us. Good job!
Warm Regards,

LaTara Misher :D

Natuwu

Post by Natuwu »

Hi Austin!
Both of your designs turned out great! The background images you chose look so clean. I really like the layout of your second design, but I think you could change the blue text to the green to match tmcc's colors a bit more, and if the logo doesn't contrast enough, you could possibly change the logo to white! Overall great job!
-Natalie Meza

Genevieve Dierenga

Post by Genevieve Dierenga »

Hey Austin,

I like both of your designs but I think I prefer the one with the green text just because it plays more into TMCC and the theme they have throughout all the websites and Flyers. I like the font that you use it's very an easy to read and I feel like it works really well in this context.

KAWINTHRAC

Post by KAWINTHRAC »

Hi Austin,

I like both of your design. They look like an artwork. Your color choices are good. Your layouts are nice and clean. Your header & nav bar are pop. Your body text area might need a little more contrast. But overall both are looking good.
Kawinthra Chongsuksantikul

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Oh I'm all about that first design, Austin.

I think the strongest bit of it is your background images. They show off the campus nicely. Really make people want to come to the college. Every page has it's own background image, so you can easily see when you are changing pages and topics. The large dominant navigational header makes for a great unifying element, page to page and draws the eye so everyone will always know how to navigate the site at a glance. Looks like it converts decently easily to a mobile flavor too. I also like the non standard placement of your page titles, too. They're big and dominant enough to still be easily visible regardless of where they are placed and provide a nice assist to the background images to indicate topic changes.

Your bodycopy area is a little too blocky and bold and the one paragraph square is difficult to read. Break it up into a couple of paragraphs and make the typer a little less bold and a little taller. I'd also add just a little more bottom padding on your top bar to clear the bottom of you logo a little more.

Good work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

CedarM

Post by CedarM »

Hey Austin,
I really like your first design, I think having the green over the black creates great contrast as well is a great reference to the school.
- Cedar Moosmuller