Project 02

Post links to your Project Two websites for discussion and feedback.
jillian_rodgers

Project 02

Post by jillian_rodgers »

Hi everyone!

Here is the link to my website: https://www.grc175.com/student/fall-202 ... n-rodgers/

This project was an absolute struggle for me! I have never dove into the world of coding before, so trying to place things where I wanted them was very difficult. My design wasn't exactly like my illustrator roughs, but I am proud of making the buttons and getting all the important elements in there. I hope my next project goes a little smoother on the coding side of things, but this definitely was a learning experience!

I still need to add some drop-down menus, but for now I'm content with everything I have in place :)
-Jillian Rodgers

LMisher

Re: Project 02

Post by LMisher »

Hello Jillian!

Your website looks pretty good. It looks just like your rough draft. Well done!
Warm Regards,

LaTara Misher :D

onnimelon

Post by onnimelon »

Really good start! Unfortunate we don't have the fonts but definitely the idea is coming together
alexandra buyck :D

Giselle

Post by Giselle »

Hi Jillian!
I LOVE your website! It came out almost exactly like your rough, and I love how your links turn red when you hover over them! I also love your design layout; it is easy to navigate and pleasing to the eye. My only suggestion is to make the body copy width smaller, but besides that, everything looks amazing. I can't wait to see your website evolve over the semester! :D
Giselle Sanchez

Genevieve Dierenga

Post by Genevieve Dierenga »

Hi, Jillian

Your website turned out great I like how you stuck with the design you did for project one. going for a black and white vibe for your picture as well as all the text was a good idea. One suggestion I do have is maybe trying to center everything because where the center of your page is and almost looks like the reference or the picture doesn't line up in it.

KAWINTHRAC

Post by KAWINTHRAC »

Hi Jillian,

You're getting there. This is looking great. I like how you have your navigate button over rectangular shape make it very easy to recognize. Minor thing, maybe you could try to make your image center and no repeat on the background image.
Kawinthra Chongsuksantikul

taylorichord

Post by taylorichord »

Hey Jillian! This looks incredible. I love your background image, as a metal head myself this web design that you chose really stood out to me! Very good font choice as well.
Great job!
Taylor Ichord

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Feel free to keep tinkering, Jillian. I intend Project Two to be a sandbox for you guys to play in for the rest of the semester as your skills increase.

It's certainly not exactly your vision for Project One, but it's pretty good as is. It's a super clean, center aligned layout that actually shows more of your rockin' background image than your Project One did. This ain't a failure even if you didn't realize your goals. All of your content is easily seen; I'm not losing anything in your background image. Your margins are good, everything has room to breathe. I can see and use your navigation. And your background image is kicking ass. The layout's even decently responsive.

I think you could have enlarged your navigation buttons a bit. I think your headline would have looked better in a sans-serif font.

Not bad at all!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Natuwu

Post by Natuwu »

Hi Jillian!
Your website is coming along great! Everything is put well together, your layout is well executed!! The colors you chose really stand out to me!
-Natalie Meza

CedarM

Post by CedarM »

Hey Jillian,
Great job, I think you did a really good job creating plenty of contrast between your content and your background image. With all the different lights and dark in the background that couldn't of been easy.
- Cedar Moosmuller