Project03-Prelim

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
taylorichord

Project03-Prelim

Post by taylorichord »

Hey guys,
Here are my new designs for a bad website. I chose the official website for the movie "The Room." I chose this website because I'm fascinated with the movie and everything surrounded its making.
These are some of the websites I took inspiration from
https://www.amdoc.org/
I liked the use of thick boxes around the margins. That was something I tried to to implement in some of my designs.
https://fortheloveofbread.com/
For this one, I liked the minimalist approach that I played around with in the second desktop page.
project03-rough-thi.jpg
project03-rough-thi2.jpg
project03-rough-thi3.jpg
project03-rough-thi4.jpg
roughs-mobile-thi.jpg
roughs-mobile-thi2.jpg
roughs-mobile-thi3.jpg
roughs-mobile-thi4.jpg
Taylor Ichord

Genevieve Dierenga

Re: Project03-Prelim

Post by Genevieve Dierenga »

Hi Taylor,

I really like your brown and white design a computer browser the way you blocked out the other images from the movie and left one in the center was a really good idea the font you use stands out a lot and I feel it works well with the theme of the movie/ I also really like how you set up the menu it looks very easy to navigate. one thing I do suggest is try to bring the same design concepts into another one of your mobile versions.

onnimelon

Post by onnimelon »

I really like the first design with that movie greenish-gray hue. Looks very professional! While I disagree the second desktop design is more minimalist, I mean compared to the first it's not, but I do think it's more visually compelling. It looks like a dvd menu deleted scenes screen or something like that. I think the dynamic works well. I would try to have the mobile version mimic that a bit more, but other than that great job!
alexandra buyck :D

LMisher

Post by LMisher »

Hello Taylor,

First, thank you for giving us so many options to choose from. I did notice that the mobile versions did not match the pc version, but they were are pretty good. My favorite was the third pc version with the film strip. The colors were cool and I like what you did there. It was easy to navigate as well. Good job!
Warm Regards,

LaTara Misher :D

chloecutter

Post by chloecutter »

Hey Taylor, I've never seen this movie but your layouts make me want to watch it! My favorite of the choices is definitely the version with the tilted picture, it makes for a fun dynamic in the layout, as well as visual interest. The strong typeface makes a strong impression, but I'd make the smaller text a little less bold to make it more readable, other than that I'm enjoying this so much!

KAWINTHRAC

Post by KAWINTHRAC »

Hi Taylor, you designs are very nice . I like your color choices. The contrast between background colors and fonts make it very easy to read. I really like the second layout it is very interesting. Different images in the background on the second design also create different feelings for the site too, I mean in a good way.
Kawinthra Chongsuksantikul

kristenrothbauer

Post by kristenrothbauer »

Hi Taylor!
I think I'm leaning towards your first design. The contrast between your color and fonts within the first design pops so beautifully. The layout also feels very unique yet organized. Great work!
✮✢❂✶✧
Kristen Rothbauer

CedarM

Post by CedarM »

Hey Taylor,
I think you have done a great job creating your designs and choosing imagery that matches the subject material. I really like your first design but I think when it comes to the mobile version you should try and match the color pattern of you web version. It was a little difficult to tell which mobile page went with which browser version.
-Cedar
- Cedar Moosmuller

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Oh hai Taylor!

I like your second design (the copper one) the best. I think it's the motion of the diagonal collage on the home page that does it for me. Or perhaps the majesty of Tommy Wiseau. I'm not certain. Either way, I like it better. It's got a great visual texture. I like the way the header and footer act to frame the content. Nice work breaking out of the header with your title. I always get a kick whenever I see this done. it adds a great bit of visual interest and makes it obvious this site is not necessarily going to follow the rules. Very appropriate for the subject matter. Good use of color too. The copper works well with the imagery, as does the dark purple-blue on your inner pages. Your type works well too. Everything is easy to find in the layout.

Your mobile inner page is a little fragmented. I think it needs everything to be tightened up a touch.

Good work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Natuwu

Post by Natuwu »

Hi Taylor!
I really like your redesigns! i think your layouts are well organized. I really like your blue/light blue color scheme in the mobile versions. You did a great job!
-Natalie Meza