Project 01 Final

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Austin_Niedfeldt

Re: Project 01 Final

Post by Austin_Niedfeldt »

Hey Brooke!
I love how organized and colorful your design is. It's very appealing to the eye to just look at. I think you made a perfect design for this project! Well done!
~ Austin Niedfeldt :lol:

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Ooofta! That landscape pic is something else. You Alaskans are spoiled for landscapes aren't you? What a great choice for this webpage.

This is another example of a competently executed, clean layout that hands off a lot of it's visual interest to it's background photo. This is a particularly good version of one of those. The photo is spectacular and really helps support your biographical copy. My very favorite bit though is that all the colors in your computer layout basically come from your photo. It really locks the whole thing together. I like the placement of your portrait as well. The round cut makes it look like a credits shot in the opening credits of a TV show. "Brooke Brown as ...". It's well placed in your composition. As is your bodycopy. Good typographic choices throughout. They really support the vibe of your website. Generally good margins, nothing feels too crowded. And I like the little home icon on your home button. It's a little cabin. Very on brand.

I'm not sold on the changing colors between your mobile and computer versions. I like pastel colors you harvested from your image in your computer layout much better. The change is jarring. I also don't think you needed a white stroke around your portrait on your computer version. Your bodycopy seems a little close to the corners of it's container. Heck, I don't think it even need that container. You have enough contrast against the foreground forest.

Good work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

kristenrothbauer

Post by kristenrothbauer »

Hi Brooke!
I love the color scheme you chose! The layout also looks so good and very intuitive to use. Great work!
✮✢❂✶✧
Kristen Rothbauer

taylorichord

Post by taylorichord »

I love the image you chose! Such a nice landscape! Both of your color choices are great. My favorite would probably be the more muted color scheme.
Great job!
Taylor Ichord

Natuwu

Post by Natuwu »

Hi Brooke! I really like the nature aspects in your website! It is very well organized and easy to read!
-Natalie Meza

CedarM

Post by CedarM »

Hi Brooke,
Well done with you design, I love the way you incorporated the mountain scenery and your main body of text. Having the ridge of trees remain dark creates a perfect canvas for your type. Well done
-Cedar
- Cedar Moosmuller