Project 01 Final

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Instructor
Site Admin

Re: Project 01 Final

Post by Instructor »

The entire vibe of this website is just \m/.

The dirty secret of this one is that the layout is actually rather clean and simple and it's relying on an absolutely killer background image and freaking metal title font to carry the load. And carry the load they do. With aplomb. First the photo. I can hear it just looking at it. In fact I think I have tinnitus looking at it. Reminds me of my youth. The colors that bleed out of that thing really reinforce the metal vibe. And your title font! Inspired. A legible death metal band logo. Who knew? They all look like bundles of sticks to me. Take those two and pair them with a clean layout and you get a pretty dang good website. Your portrait looks like the lead vocalist of a (at a minimum) hard rock band. Again keeping with the vibe. I appreciate that all your containers are semi-transparent as well so we can see the image through them, but we can still see the content they are meant to display.

There are a couple things that clash with your metal vibe, though. I think your buttons and content boxes should have been sharp edged (keep the stroke though) and your sans-serif font is a little too warm and friendly for what you were going for. Also, your button text should be vertically centered as well.

Well done, Jillian.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

kristenrothbauer

Post by kristenrothbauer »

Hi Jillian!
The colors you chose really pop and look so good with the more simple text frames. It makes your website super clean and readable while still having the same vibe. Your mobile version also looks fantastic and the layout looks super intuitive. Great work!
✮✢❂✶✧
Kristen Rothbauer

livitup1

Post by livitup1 »

Your design is so good! The font goes super well with the design and look that you were trying to accomplish here. The colors are also very pleasing to look at

taylorichord

Post by taylorichord »

This is a very nice and clean layout. Love the way your title visually moves towards the center. I really like your choice of colors too.
Nice job!
Taylor Ichord

Natuwu

Post by Natuwu »

Hi Jillian! Your website has a lot of personality! I think everything is unified throughout, great job!
-Natalie Meza

CedarM

Post by CedarM »

Hi Jillian,
Great work on your website. I really like that you used the black on red with your type in white. I think this gives the piece a really distinct foreground and background which gives it really good depth, well done.
-Cedar
- Cedar Moosmuller