Project 01 Final

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Joey_Escalera

Re: Project 01 Final

Post by Joey_Escalera »

Hi Cedar! Love the design and composition! The tree adds a lot of dimension, and it makes the page fun to look at! I think using a bit more of the tree's color throughout the design (though maybe in different shades) would add a bit more unity to the whole thing. Great job!

jillian_rodgers

Post by jillian_rodgers »

Hi Cedar,

The tree illustration is super interesting! I love how it interacts with your name in the headline, so creative! Amazing job :)
-Jillian Rodgers

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Oh this looks really nice! You should be proud Cedar.

This is a super clean design that uses contrast well. It's clearly made to point the eye in the direction of your extremely well done bristlecone pine illustration. I'm not sure what message your trying to send here with an ancient tree clinging to life, but it is a vibe and I'm here for it. I love the visual texture of having the bristlecone clip over your title and impinge into your header. Plus, your logo (hidden in your flyout menu) is a visual pun. I love little details like that. Good type selection as well. It's a warm sans-serif that joins with your illustration to contrast itself against your much coler, high-contrast, black and white background. It's a fun dichotomy.

I would have liked to have seen a little more separation between your header, subheads, and bodycopy in your content area. I don't know that you need to have both navigation buttons and a flyout menu. I think one or the other would have been fine.

Great work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

taylorichord

Post by taylorichord »

This looks really cool! Very nice colors and great use of layers. I also like the drop shadow on the side bar.
Taylor Ichord

Natuwu

Post by Natuwu »

Hi Cedar! I really like the positioning of the tree, it doesn't distract from the rest of the page. I think it looks really organized.
-Natalie Meza