Project 3 Final!

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
jjkusler

Project 3 Final!

Post by jjkusler »

Hi everyone, hope everyone is doing good!!

Here's the link (biggg maybe, still trying to get it linked right):https://www.grc175.com/student/spring-2 ... ct-3-2023/

Here's the link to my site: https://www.grc175.com/student/spring-2 ... na-kusler/

Sundance Books and Music is exactly just that, a books and music store that is rather well known in Reno as it has been around for decades. Their current site is a little dated and narrow and doesn't have the friendliest user interface. Since their clientele has a vast age range from small children to elders, I wanted to create something that was rather simple but still appealing and inviting. The main goals for this site were to improve navigation, functionality, and appeal.

There are still a few missing elements here and there (and the events page isn't quite built out) but I had a lot of fun with this project. I had to do some format changes to get the layout to look good in a browsing window vs an artboard. Overall, I'm proud of how it is coming out!

Edit: Hey Jenna, it's Michael. It looks like your link isn't working. Here's one that does:
https://www.grc175.com/student/spring-2023/jenna-kusler/grc175-spring-project-3-2023/
Last edited by jjkusler on Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
~*Jenna*

Instructor
Site Admin

Re: Project 3 Final!

Post by Instructor »

The direct link was broken. Here's one that works:
https://www.grc175.com/student/spring-2 ... ct-3-2023/

I think you've done a pretty darn good job realizing your design here, Jenna. Your colors and fonts are working well. I still really like the sun framed front pic on the home page, it really establishes a great look and feel for the place. Good use of photos throughout your website in fact. They're great for tone. The yellows look good in the browser too. They really go well with the sun theme. Your navigation is easy to see and use and works well. I keep wanting to click on the little smiley face next to your search bar. :D

Too bad the header doesn't expand further or center at higher resolutions. Also, the design breaks down a bit mobile resolutions. I'm not sure you need the white box behind "dedicated to supporting and enriching ...". Your Events page is missing content. And I clicked on the smiley face and there was no link :cry:.

Nice work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

isaacm03

Post by isaacm03 »

Hey Jenna!

I think your color scheme works really well for your project. The added graphics like the little book and the sun frame gives this site personality, and I think it represents Sundance quite well. My only feedback is to try using the same yellow as the yellow present in the logo up top, as the logo doesn't take up the full width of the resolution. Maybe removing the background in Photoshop would work if you wanted to keep the current color. Also, I think a different serif font would help establish a stronger theme for your site. The current one stands out a bit from the friendly vibe the rest of the site has. I love the contrast in your footer!

Great work!
Isaac M!

YoAdrian!

Post by YoAdrian! »

Hi Jenna,
Your site looks great, especially when I crunch it down a little. The photos and text seem to line up nicely. You have so much content on some of your pages that I'm impressed you got it to all work! Nice job. The link from your student page didn't work for me though. I might have added a little more margin or padding around the bottom text on your landing page so it didn't stick right on the left margin of the browser. But seriously, good job. This stuff is hard!
-Johnna Chism

S_Osmar

Post by S_Osmar »

Hi Jenna,
I really like the layout of your project! It came out very nice with the images and they all make the website feel more alive.
I would probably fix up the contact info at the bottom to line up next to the social media icons. Nice work!

keatonbeatty

Post by keatonbeatty »

Jenna,
I love this website! it is a very cool color to choose for a bookstore and it's quite effective if I do say myself. It seems to all be working smoothly on my browser which is awesome, there does seem to be some sizing and overlapping issues though, which is super minimal and easy to fix. Great Job!
~ keaton beatty

Hinata_Sato

Post by Hinata_Sato »

Hi Jenna,
Nice work on your website! You have a nice color scheme and I like the theme you're going with. It matches the store name and you have cool elements. I especially like the sun design for your image. I would fix the music page since it's broken a little. Nice work!
Hinata Sato

kelseymarie_ba

Post by kelseymarie_ba »

Hi Jenna,
Great website so far! I love the colors because they fit the theme perfectly and it makes your website so lively! Like you said, I think there just needs to be some alignment fixes and your website will be golden! Great job and looking forward to the rest of your designs! :D

Kelsey Bautista

lil_cactux

Post by lil_cactux »

Hey Jenna,

Great job on your design! I like your colors and your graphics around the images. There's some complications on the inner pages but overall great job.

NMartz

Post by NMartz »

Hello Jenna, good work. I like your layout a lot. The yellow looks really nice as a background and I like all of the elements that you added to your pages. The elements on the music page are overlapping, so my advice would be to fix them from overlapping.
- Nick Martinez 8-)