Project 03 Final

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
S_Osmar

Project 03 Final

Post by S_Osmar »

Hey everyone!
Here is the link to my project three: https://www.grc175.com/student/spring-2 ... index.html
And here is the link to the original website: https://www.pennyjuice.com/

I had a lot of computer problems while coding on this website and a lot of motivational and emotional issues as well. So sadly this isn't five pages, but I figured I'd spare myself that torment for another day and just have the main one done. No matter what I do to stay on time my computer just decides to go doodoo dump itself.
I'm still really happy with the results of this website.

isaacm03

Re: Project 03 Final

Post by isaacm03 »

Hi Osmar! I like how your site came out! I think your image choice is neat and the overall color scheme works well for the topic. My advice is to change up the font to something a bit more friendly and outgoing, like a sans serif, which doesn't usually have a formal vibe as most serif fonts do. You did great! I think we all felt the stress.
Isaac M!

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Ah PennyJuice in all it's chaotic glory. I admire your effort, Osmar.

You've got the bones of a good website here. Nice choice of photos to set the tone and give some idea of what Penny Juice does or is for. You've got a great structure here with a strong header and footer framing your content area. Your navigation is sure easy to see and use. Your text is easy to read. You even put in a search bar! Nice.

Pity there aren't more pages. If you want to add some feel free. As it is, this single page breaks down at either higher or lower resolutions. It definitely has a sweet spot. I think your bodycopy would have been better as a sans-serif type. I'm not sure if I like the medium blue background color. Pity you didn't get farther, I see a lot of potential here.

Good effort!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

jjkusler

Post by jjkusler »

Hi Osmar!

The site came out great! I really like the overall bright color scheme for your site topic, I'd suggest playing around with different fonts, it has a formal feel to it. Overall, great job!
~*Jenna*

YoAdrian!

Post by YoAdrian! »

Hi Osmar,
I feel your pain, especially if your computer was crashing all the time, yikes! I like the colors your decided to go with, it definitely toned down the craziness of the original site. I would have tried to contain the main body paragraph somehow, like in a smaller flex box or maybe with a separate background? May be worth a shot. At least your links to the YouTube videos worked, so that was cool! Good job!
-Johnna Chism

Mars_Sink

Post by Mars_Sink »

Hi Osmar!

I like the general layout and design, however I would like to see a different font on the website and maybe some more muted colors to compliment the fruity ones? Overall though, great job coding!
- Mars Sink

keatonbeatty

Post by keatonbeatty »

Osmar,
I love how your website has a very fun vibe to it, the blue you chose really upholds the fun carefree attitude toward the user. It would have been cool to use a more bright fruity color to compliment the blue though, and maybe a different type just to add some more readability and style. Great Job, I really enjoyed flipping through your site!
~ keaton beatty

Hinata_Sato

Post by Hinata_Sato »

Hi Osmar,
Nice website! I like the color scheme you have. I wish you used sans serif font for the body copy but I think it looks nice for the logo! My suggestion will be to place the images somewhere else. Good job!
Hinata Sato

kelseymarie_ba

Post by kelseymarie_ba »

Hello Osmar,
You should be proud! Coding has been difficult for me as well but we'll make it through!!! I think the basic layout for your website looks great, the colors are fun and definitely help with the "juice" scheme of it all! Something that I think could help with your website would be to play with your margin and padding of your text so that it can clean it up a bit and create more legibility! Other than that, great work and I can't wait to see the rest of your projects! :D

Kelsey Bautista

NMartz

Post by NMartz »

Hello Osmar, good work. I like your layout. Everything looks clean and organized. I also like how you made the buttons responsive. The search bar is pretty cool too!
- Nick Martinez 8-)