Project One Final

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
kaiyote03

Re: Project One Final

Post by kaiyote03 »

Hi there Erika,

Your design is simple but I believe that the simplicity adds to the tranquility of the whole design. The nature background and light pastel colors for your type also really add to the tranquility in the design. A critique I have is that you should use a different color scheme for your personal logo (maybe pulling a color from the type? Its honestly up to you for the color) as its really hard to see half the logo on the black box.

A beautiful job on this project!
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Kai Madden just backflipped ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Heck yeah you should use more of that image. This came out pretty darn good, Erika.

As you mentioned in your critique, that is a super strong image and you are absolutely right to feature it. I actually like your mobile layout a little better because it features the height of your image. Your instincts to use transparency as much as possible were right on. I was originally going to mention your logo among things that could be improved, but the more I look at it, the more I like that it kind of blends with the tree canopy. Your cream and black both work nicely with the background image as well. I like your balloon title type. It looks so fluffy and fun against the image. Good use of a header and footer to frame your content. Your navigation is easy to see and use.

You've got a typeface too many here I think. It probably would have looked better had you ditched the serif type and used a different weight of your sans-serif type in it's place. The container for your bodycopy is way too tight to the type. Your bodycopy definitely needs a little more margin around it than the box is providing.

Nice work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

kevin_ksk

Post by kevin_ksk »

Hey Erika!

Cool choice of font for your name! And I like the photo you used. The TMCC logo gets a little lost in your design. Your layout is very clean and I know where to go. I like the calming vibe from the photo nice job!