Preliminary Project 3 - Faith Lorenz

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.

Which of the two websites do you like?

Poll ended at Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:52 pm

Idea One
43%
Idea Two
57%

Total votes: 7

sktlz1965

Preliminary Project 3 - Faith Lorenz

Post by sktlz1965 »

I was going to wait to upload these but I'm sitting here watching a movie and I figured what the heck, get them up and out of the way since I have more prelims next week in my 144 class...

Anyway, I will explain the first Site Idea....for this site I wanted to really play on the "design" side of the graphic communications, kinda show off what we can "do" sorta speak, I wanted the emphasis to be on dynamic lines and shapes, and color, as you can see each page will be a different color. I did do to different versions of the Header in terms of the black lines, still not sure If I want them above the (I) or through the (D)...If you guys pick this one let me know which one you like more....
Idea 1- Instructor Page
Idea 1- Instructor Page
Idea 1 - Student Work Page
Idea 1 - Student Work Page

The Second design I chose to emphasis the school and the program through the use of pictures, again I want to use different colors on each page. I want the images in the background to stay, but be able to scroll down the box if that makes sense. I do see a typo on the first page in the sub-header, its supposed to say "curious ABOUT the GRAPHIC communication program, but that's what happens when you don't proof read and your in a hurry (BAD HABIT for a graphic design student I know) I would fix it for you but I don't have Photoshop at home...
Idea 2 - Home Page
Idea 2 - Home Page
Idea 2 - Instructor  Page
Idea 2 - Instructor Page
As for my favorite, or which one I want to do....uhhh....Personally I thought I liked the first Idea A LOT but then I did the second design and like it just as much if not a BIT more...idk, this is how I look at it, I will let you all decide, or Michael decide....I leave the fate of my site in your hands...I think both will work and I wouldn't mind either really, ! I Set up the poll option at the top to see how it works, seemed like a neat way to decide, so Vote and let me know ABOVE!

Faith
"Design is simply thinking made visual"

R3YNO

Re: Preliminary Project 3 - Faith Lorenz

Post by R3YNO »

Both of these look great faith.
I voted for the first one simply due to the navigation, it is unique and will help some people from getting lost. One thing you may want to consider is having the TMCC logo change its color based on what page it is on. Really Good Job.

angelraiders

Post by angelraiders »

I'd go with the first one it is a lot more original and creative. I really like it, and i would keep the diagonal lines that you have coming of the I in design i would try and make that work for the S too.

cheyanne

Post by cheyanne »

Idea one is definitely more you, the typography looks cool.

trisa_lunstrum

Post by trisa_lunstrum »

I also like the first one, I think your typography gives it a uniqueness that screams Faith (that's a good thing!)

artgalstyle

Post by artgalstyle »

I love your second design best. I love the graphics you have used and the way things are layered over but it's not busy. Love the mono palete you used as well. I do love what you have done with the word design in your first idea.

Laramie

Alaxvong

Post by Alaxvong »

I like the concept of the first design, but I think the second one is more suiting. Maybe you can incorporate the "design" concept into the second layout?

thusers

Post by thusers »

i like what i am seeing. the first design is my favorite even though i like both. the first one is more design orientated. very good.

jenny_snaza

Post by jenny_snaza »

you are wonderful. I love the second one!

deni

: Preliminary Project 3 - Faith Lorenz

Post by deni »

Great job on both designs. They are very strong. I prefer idea 1 and I personally like the lines on the first image. The angle creates more tension and draws my eye to the content. The lines through the D draws my eye down off the page.

Denise