Project 04 Prelim

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
James Hill

Re: Project 04 Prelim

Post by James Hill »

Hey Cole,
I like you designs and think you should go with the first set. The layout is simple and functional looking. I really like how the mobile version is going. If you do go with concept 2 I think you should move away from the side lettering on the left. Great Job with the designs.

lilykmitch

Post by lilykmitch »

hi cole
i really like your first design. the colors and overall theme look super good for this project the layout for your second concept is really interesting too though!
Lily Mitchell :geek:

Meghna_Misson

Post by Meghna_Misson »

Hey Cole,
I really like the first concept the best, even though it seems more "full" when compared to the second one. I think the reason why is that the second concept is lighter in color and more minimal, while the first one has more saturation and more text to it; however, the contrast in the first design appeals to me the most. I think what you can do to improve it further is by increasing the line height within the text to make it seem more spacious than cramped. But besides that, great work!
Meghna Misson - student

Elle Barre

Post by Elle Barre »

I think I'm beginning to see your style: simplify and make it readable from space. :- ) I like both designs, but I do favor the one with more orange in it. Is that a school color? I don't know, but it's complementary to the school colors, which benefit by a little orange lift. So, you jazzed up the school color scheme, and kept a salute to them. I like the green, but when it's green with black... not so much. Green with orange, whole different vibe and a good one. I like 'simplify', I like color, and I like big letters I don't need glasses for! Win-win-win. Your vertical side bar "overview" in lowercase and serifed is perfect, and a nice switcheroo on simple. "Overview" is the perfect word to have used in a sideways thing cause it's an easy word to read sideways without cocking your head to have to do so. Over-VIEW... yeah, I don't know why, but I appreciate the juxtaposition of "VIEW" and the elements it's 'commanding' that I view. It somehow has movement in it, idk how, but, it's like a banner, a flag. Looks good.
For my money, though, I would request that the blocks of body copy be shrunken down just a bit, making some negative space between nav bars and them. I think that would make the body copy more easily readable, digestible, and leave a little room for some linkages on the bottom that would need to be there for the real deal. Really enjoy the softness of the colors, the very vague transparency background: it really just gives a little texture to the background without depicting what we know is there. It makes a nice light but not glinty light to the background. :- )
~ Elle Barre