Prim

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
yenny

Prim

Post by yenny »

I am sooo late, and I'm sorry. It's been busy. Hopefully, some people can take a look and tell me how to improve my layouts.

So the Morning Glory breakfast place has very little on their website and is very hard to function, so I decided to organize it. So I broke down the website into 4 important tabs "home," "menu," "contact," and "shop." I wanted to keep the colors bright still since they clearly like it for a reason. I then try to make the bright colors work and complement each other.

For my first draft, I wanted to try something fun or something that'll match the name of the restaurant. Morning Glory is such a fun name. I then tried to move things around until it fits nicely. Wile also making sure things are accessible and readable. For the website, I kept the layout simple and let the colors do the guiding and work. When hovering over the links it'll change to fun colors. When clicking the address it'll automatically pull up directions. For the mobile, it'll do the same thing. The main difference is that there's a drop-down menu.

For my second draft, I wanted to try to go towards a morning theme while also being kind of edgy with bright colors. Again the links when clicked and hovered will change on the website. The main difference with this draft is that it's a different color theme and somewhat different layout. The mobile is pretty similar to my first draft mobile except things are moved around differently.

I hope I'm not too late :cry:
web_redesign_01.jpg
mobile_redesign_01.jpg
web_redesign_02.jpg
mobile_redesign_02.jpg
-Yen
Yen N.

Meghna_Misson

Re: Prim

Post by Meghna_Misson »

Hey Yen,
Out of the two, I like the layout of the second one the best, it feels like it has more structure as opposed to the first one which has its elements (navigation, images, and location) floating around in space. Additionally, the photo in the second one has a stronger connection to the restaurant than in the first one with the vector graphics; at first, I couldn't tell what I was looking at and originally thought it was about space due to the black background, but later on I figured out that it was actually a sunny-side-up egg and a strawberry(?)--so, going with this choice might confuse the viewer about what this website is for.
Moving back onto the second design you made, I would just recommend messing around with it a bit more and researching other restaurant websites for inspiration to help improve it. Hope this helps!
Meghna Misson - student

Ericha Eberhart

Post by Ericha Eberhart »

Hi Yen,
This place obviously has a great sense of style when it comes to its interior but I'm sure to take the infamous "we make breakfast, not websites" website and make it better was pretty challenging. However, you might be able to draw from the interior design as inspiration for the website. I think the second design could work well, maybe if you changed that pink shape to look something more like the restaurant's chandelier and used that funky 20s style, you could really tie this together well. I do like how your type reflects that of their google icon. Nice Work!
-Ericha Eberhart :D

Mike_Chavez123

Post by Mike_Chavez123 »

The eggs are solid, green eggs and ham. You show them who’s the boss around here!