Project 3 Preliminary

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.

Which set is more ok than the other?

The Darker/Blocky Set
38%
The Lighter Set
13%
Other
No votes
I Like Turtles
50%

Total votes: 8

James Hill

Re: Project 3 Preliminary

Post by James Hill »

Hello,
I vored for the darker blocker design as I think it looks the nicest. The layout is great and the image placement works good. Good job

Meghna_Misson

Post by Meghna_Misson »

Hey Megan,
I find that the darker/blocky design is the best one out of the two on the basis of organization and visibility. In the first design, it is hard to read the black text due to the full-cover background image and it is additionally hard to tell whether the text are actually buttons or not (as in, "are they clickable?" because they appear like they wouldn't be since they match the rest of the text on the screen which aren't--such as the headlines and taglines). With the second design, they appear more like buttons and are well laid out; there is also a better sense of hierarchy within this design as well that would not confuse the viewer whatsoever as it once did in the original website. I would say that the only things that need improvement are the color scheme since everything else is well redesigned--for example, maybe the black rectangles behind the name of the website and behind the navigation don't need to be black? Instead, some other lighter color/transparent color could be placed that would make the entire website seem much more open and inviting. But other than that, you are onto a great start! Good job!
Meghna Misson - student

Ericha Eberhart

Post by Ericha Eberhart »

Hi Megan!
Man, that before-website is BAAAD, you have already made it look so much nicer! I like the lighter layout better because you have a lot of space in the picture to place things without as big of a contrast issue worry. But I don't know if the smaller images inside the circles are helping or hurting, because they create a lot of busyness. You might be able to get away with a dropdown menu with these items just in a list without the pictures? Great start!
-Ericha Eberhart :D

Mike_Chavez123

Post by Mike_Chavez123 »

Hi Megan, solid ideas I’m sure your brainstorming went well!