Preliminary Work for Project 03!

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.

Which Version Should I continue with?

Version A
71%
Version B
29%

Total votes: 7

zandrews

Re: Preliminary Work for Project 03!

Post by zandrews »

Hi Megna!

Wow - I can instantly tell you put a ton of work into these, really thinking out how to re-layout the website! Also its funny because I think someone else did Yale as a redesign option too! :D

Although you did a great job with option A, option B is incredible. So creative and you made what could easily be a boring site POP OFF! It totally speaks for the ART aspect of the school and you did such a fantastic job with color, the spacing and using boxes in a really smart way in drawing attention to the different elements as well as guiding the eye down the page. Further more your carry over to the mobile is seamless!

Also super genius carrying the color palette throughout the whole page with the image gradient overlays! Just the entire site feels so cohesive and I honestly don't know what I'd tell you to change. The slight concern I would perhaps consider is the sizing/spacing for the mobile. It looks really good on here but in termso f being on a phone, I'd be curious how small the text might be.

Hopefully its obvious though - please go with option 2. It's so well done. However option 1 not a bad choice either - very collegiate but because this is an art school, psssst option 2 haha. Fantastic work and cant wait to see which one you pick and where you take it! :)

James Hill

Post by James Hill »

Hello,
Wow you have got alot done. Its hard to choose between these options, I would suggest going with set 1. I like the layout more and the color scheme. Great work.

Megan Greaves

Post by Megan Greaves »

I think you've shown us all up with that first set of designs. I am incapable of suggesting anything because I can only hope to someday reach this level of quality. You clearly put a lot of hard work into this and it shows. Even though it's difficult I will try to look at your work and be inspired instead of intimidated. Excellent work!

Ericha Eberhart

Post by Ericha Eberhart »

Hi Meghna!
I like both of these layouts a lot, but I think the second one is more visually exciting. My critique is that the color palette is not very unisex, and for a program that should be appealing it all, I am not getting that feeling here. The design overall works really well in my opinion!
-Ericha Eberhart :D

Mike_Chavez123

Post by Mike_Chavez123 »

Hi Misson, looks good. We can push these works further and I’d arrange the letters to arch. Great potential!