Preliminary!

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
Megan Greaves

Re: Preliminary!

Post by Megan Greaves »

I would definitely go with the dark background set. Really goes with the theme of items that glow in the dark. I agree with getting rid of the blue and just keeping everything suspended in the deep black. This is probably a chaotic, terrible suggestion, but I think it would be fun if the white text had different colored glows on them. Really make a shining rainbow stand out in the night. Very fun and vibrant.

Meghna_Misson

Post by Meghna_Misson »

Hey Lily,
Great concepts! I'm more towards the first design because of the layout and organization; I also like the idea that you're going for with the dark background and having the images pop off of it like the neon sticks--I would try incorporating the colorful box-shadows that Mr. Green taught in yesterday's video for this effect (maybe when the user's mouse hovers over the image, it displays the glow from behind it--I think that will be very cool to pull off!). However, I'm not quite feeling it with the font choice for the headlines, so I think a different typeface is needed. But other than that, great work! Can't wait to see the finalized version!
Meghna Misson - student

Ericha Eberhart

Post by Ericha Eberhart »

Hi Lily!
You nailed the neon fun and funky look! I like your first design the best because the use of a dark background says something about what the product is, and it is just very clean altogether. The one comment I have is about the fact that the images have black backgrounds and the page background is a dark blue, what if you made the page background the same color as the image background? Just a thought, nice start!
-Ericha Eberhart :D

Mike_Chavez123

Post by Mike_Chavez123 »

I knew you could, I’d add a bit of neon but overall keep it up!