Project01 Final!!!!

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Meghna_Misson

Re: Project01 Final!!!!

Post by Meghna_Misson »

Hey Lily,
Your final designs look amazing! I know you had already shown them to me prior before uploading, but I still have to say that these look stunning! The aspect that I love the most is how you made your name front and center and placed your initials in their previous position at the top (left); since the background elements are dark, immediately your name pops off from the screen and establishes a good sense of hierarchy within the text where the user can move freely without any hassle whatsoever (whereas, your name being the largest and boldest, catches the user's attention first, then moving down to the paragraph below it and then to the navigation bar above, lastly ending on the course information down at the very bottom of the site--great work in readability!). As for my critiques, I have none! Because I think you had created a successful design that satisfies all the requirements for this project very well! Amazing work!
Meghna Misson - student

lilykmitch

Post by lilykmitch »

Cole_Richards wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 1:30 pm i really like the picture but it cuts off on the left side and it's a bit distracting.
Coleeee its supposed to be like that :?
Lily Mitchell :geek:

squidgola33

Post by squidgola33 »

wow, I really like how this turned out. I like that the floral background is opaque in a way that you can still clearly see on that green background. I think it looks very elegant and sleek!

Lucky_Penny

Post by Lucky_Penny »

Hi Lily

I admire your elegant layout. It has a very nice flow and good colors. While I understand that you put your initials in the top corner are you thinking of putting a logo there in the future?
𝐿𝒾𝓋₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥

James Hill

Post by James Hill »

Hey Lily,
Cool website design I like the flower and font choice. You have a great design here. The colors are a bit drag but still very cool.

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Oh the visual pun one! Nice to see you leaning further into it, Lily.

You've got a really interesting use of alignment here. You've created a stair step visual pattern. Your navigation and title have one left edge and your bodycopy and footer have another. Visually interesting. As I mentioned previously, you Lily image is well selected and funny when you give it a moment's thought. Good type choice as well. Your script/italic logo and title contrast nicely with the warm serif type of your bodycopy. Speaking of warm, the warm cast you've applied to the overall design gives it a vintage sepia feeling which is reinforced by your image and type. Your navigation is easy to see and use. Great use of margins and padding throughout. Everything breathes. Good use of proximity too, to break your design into discreet sections and let the eye flow seamlessly from section to section to section.

You know, I think your design would have been fine had it gone edge to edge. I get what you're doing with the warm dark gray column on the left, but I think your design would have worked fine with the image fullscreen.

Good work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Ericha Eberhart

Post by Ericha Eberhart »

Hi Lily!
I like how elegant and professional your design is! I also really like how your green color choice complements your image while giving the design a sense of your personality. Nice layouts!
-Ericha Eberhart :D

TSUL

Post by TSUL »

Hey Lily,

Very strong layouts! I love the imagery in the background that is very well visible but also so subtle at the same time showing a nice contrast between the background and foreground!

-Tyler
Tyler Sullivan

chefspencer

Post by chefspencer »

Hey Lily! I really like how you were able to really create a sense of unity between your two layouts. It's absolutely something that I struggled with. I also really like the color and imagery. It's rare that I really don't have anything to say in regards to any critique, but honestly, I think you nailed it. Great work.
~Spencer Ellison