Hey There! :)

Please introduce yourself here. C'mon, don't be shy!
zandrews

Hey There! :)

Post by zandrews »

Hello Everyone!

My name is Zach Andrews (I just go by Zach) and I am a motion graphics major at TMCC. I am a returning college student who's going for my second Bachelor's degree through TMCC's partnership with Nevada State College with their 3 + 1 program. I earned my first Bachelor's degree from UNR back in 2013 with a major in Journalism (emphasis in Advertising and Strategic Communications) and a Minor in Fine Art (emphasis in Drawing). After earning that first degree, I had moved and worked in Las Vegas for a couple of different Advertising/PR Agencies, doing Client/Account Service for five years. Although it was invaluable learning experience working with clients and getting a feel for the industry, in the process I also had learned that I HATED account management. Being inherently a creative person, I desired to be more on the creative side of things rather than all business, no play (not to mention when you work in account service, you're always either the bad guy to the client if something isn't exactly how they envisioned it OR you're the bad guy to your own art department when the client comes back with their 286th change).

Anyways that had led my desire of a career change into Graphic Design and per old friends and colleagues in Reno, I was informed on how awesome TMCC’s GAMT program was. Now I am in my third semester back and am excited for this class to further broaden my design skillset with web design. Once I finish my journey in the GAMT program, I hope to work either in-house for a great company, a third-party agency OR, being in this post-COVID world, a freelance designer that works with a variety of clients from all over the world right from home.

In my free time, I am an avid gamer (favorites would be The Last of Us Parts 1 & 2, God of War (reboot), Fortnite, Final Fantasy VII Remake, The Uncharted Series, Animal Crossing, Halo Infinite) and I also can binge a TV show like there’s no tomorrow (current favorites are Yellowjackets, Succession, Euphoria, The Witcher, The Book of Boba Fett).

Really looking forward to learning with all of you and seeing all that you create!

Best,
Zach

Instructor
Site Admin

Re: Hey There! :)

Post by Instructor »

Oh, you'll still be dealing with clients in graphic/web design, Zach. But at least you won't be having to herd them as much.

Welcome to GRC 175. I think you'll like it here. I'm glad to hear the GA&MT program agrees with you so far and is living up to the hype. I'm also curious what you'll think of this web class. I'm also looking forward to seeing how your industry experience shapes you solutions to the various projects I assign.

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to reach out via email, Canvas, or this forum. I do my best to be available.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173