Project 04 Prelim

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
Mal-Festio

Project 04 Prelim

Post by Mal-Festio »

Here Are my two concepts. For the first one, I thought I use the mountain mark as a major element in the background. I thought it would make an interesting layout for separating the Navigation from the body. For the second concept, I went with a more simple layout.
working_version_01.jpg
working_version_01_inner.jpg
working_version_01_mobile.jpg
working_version_01_mobile_inner.jpg
working_version_02.jpg
working_version_02_inner.jpg
working_version_02_mobile.jpg
working_version_02_mobile_inner.jpg
Jordi Cruz Trujillo

kmohara5190

Re: Project 04 Prelim

Post by kmohara5190 »

Hi Jordi,
I think I prefer your first design, the layout is unique, but really showcases TMCC’s graphics. The only thing I would change is to make the background image a little less opaque so that it is more visible. Great job!
Kierann O'Hara

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Okay, stop what you're doing everybody! You all know my ... feelings about TMCC's pea green. And somehow, SOMEHOW, Jordi has managed to make it look ... good? You're a damn miracle worker Jordi. Wild!

Your first one is far and away better. What really stands out to me is the hard invisible left edge you created with the alignment of your bodycopy. It's so damn crisp. it really helps define boundaries in kind of an open flowing layout. I really like the effect you created by zooming in on the TMCC mountain so far that it became almost a pattern or a nonsense shape rather than a drawing of a mountain. I also like your light background photo that fades into white. It gives the whole thing a bright open feel that welcomes the user in, which should be the goal of any website advertising an educational program. Good work establishing hierarchies with different weights of the same font in your inner type.

I'm losing your pea green main navigation against your photo background. I'd make it black with a pea green rollover. I also think you need a few additional photographs sprinkled around your text area to help illustrator your content a bit.

Great work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Hamistani

Post by Hamistani »

Hello Jordi,
I love your first design! I really like how you made the TMCC logo a part of your background. The font choices are very good, and the website is easy to read and navigate. I would add more images to the website, and I would change the color of your navigation buttons because they are a bit hard to read. Great job!
- Heather Amistani
Ehhh, What's up Doc? ;)

it's_crysta

Post by it's_crysta »

Hi Jordi, I really like the idea of having the logo in the background like that but I think the information needs to be laid out differently for it to work. I also like the faded picture in the back. Great work!
it's Crysta (Clark)

i feel like i'm on neopets again

jacklyn_yamine

Post by jacklyn_yamine »

Hi Jordi,
First design, all the way. I love that you took not just a triangle shape, but the actual logo with the cutout and put that as your background so that all the text can be legible over the image and white background. Your body copy is a little small and I think you could even extend it just a little more width-wise so that there isn't so much space to the right, making the title of the page look like it's completely hanging off the edge. The sans-serif font you are using seems to have rounder corners, I would switch to one, either that isn't so rounded or not rounded at all in order to match the font used in the TMCC logo. Also, I think the logo and your navigation on the left hand side could use a slight drop shadow, while the green is bright, that white bkg with the image is starting to overpower it and make it lost in the different textures of the image showing through the white. This is great and I can't wait to see the final results!
Last edited by jacklyn_yamine on Tue May 04, 2021 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JacklynYamine

kendall_the_mann

Post by kendall_the_mann »

Hi Jordi!

I really love your first design as a home page design and then your second design as inner page designs. I think the simplicity of the second design works for general information and the first design helps to draw attention to the overall website. Really fun and clean designs, awesome job!
-Kendall Mann

comicsansfanclub

Post by comicsansfanclub »

Hi Jordi,

These are two great designs! I like your first one the best. It has depth to it and it has a very lively feel to it. The only thing that i have to say about it is that the navigation is a little hard to read. I think that perhaps you can fix that by adding a hover. Very nice Job. Excited to your final design.
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*Hazzie Castaneda*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

ItsAllisxn

Post by ItsAllisxn »

Hi Jordi,

I like both of your compositions, but I'm personally leaning towards the first. It's super cool how you made the mountain enlarged and worked with the transparency. Maybe using your second concept for the inner pages might work well? It's a little difficult to see your navigation, so maybe changing the text to a gray might work better, or using the hovering navigation might fix it. Great work!
Allison Hartmann - Kachow 8-)

Kelsey_Reynolds

Post by Kelsey_Reynolds »

Hi Mai, I like the layout of your second design, the design is really nice and clean and the text is easy to read, great job!