live type

Got a question for your instructor or classmates? Found a neat technique you want to share? Post 'em here.
trisa_lunstrum

live type

Post by trisa_lunstrum »

I am trying to add live type over a photo. When I copy and paste it changes my background. Can anyone help? Thanks

Instructor
Site Admin

Re: live type

Post by Instructor »

Difficult to say what's wrong without screenshots, but I think what's happening is that your type is displacing your image. You can fix it by making it a background image like we went over in class.

The steps are:
  • 1. In your Properties menu, find the "src" textbox.

2. Highlight everything in that textbox and cut or copy it.

3. Click on the image in your WYSIWYG window and delete it.

4. Go to your CSS menu and find the CSS rule controlling the DIV tag that the image is supposed to live in and double click it (or you can single click it and click the pencil button at the bottom of the CSS menu, both will open the CSS Rule Definition window).

5. In the CSS Rule Definition window that opened up, go to "Background" in the "Categories" menu on the far left.

6. Go to the "Background Image" text box and paste in the code you copied out of "src" in Step 1.

7. Go to the far left of your pasted code and type in "../" (minus the quotation marks).

8. Click "OK" in the lower right corner.

9. Go to your WYSIWYG window and click in the DIV tag you deleted the image out of. The image should show up as a background and you can now begin typing away.
I hope that helps. Ping me as always if you have questions.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

trisa_lunstrum

Post by trisa_lunstrum »

ok thanks, I'll give it a shot

trisa_lunstrum

Post by trisa_lunstrum »

Ok I tried that several times, it just ends up blank, no picture and no flashing cursor. Any ideas whats up? I'm all finished expect for this. Thanks

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Difficult to tell from this distance. My guess is you may be deleting the div tag that contains the image along with the image. Have you tried clicking in the "blank" area and typing to see if it will insert type even though it shows no cursor?
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173