How?

Got a question for your instructor or classmates? Found a neat technique you want to share? Post 'em here.
deni

How?

Post by deni »

I am trying to get my site to post to the class board. I typed in the URL but when I click on my name on the board, it says it doesn't find an index file.
I know what that means, but I'm not sure how to correct it. Help would be greatly appreciated! :o :o :o

Denise

cheyanne

Re: How?

Post by cheyanne »

It will say that the index page is missing until you upload your site to the ftp.

Step one- upload your site if you haven't yet (ftp info sheets are on the grc175 homepage if you don't know how)
If you already have it uploaded, make sure it's in the right place (when connected to ftp, click on public html, find your name under spring 2012 > students or something like that)

Step two, if step one didn't work- go check alllll the files in your root directory. Make sure your home page is called index.html, check files for spaces, caps, etc because incorrect file names can screw everything up.

Step three if 1 and 2 don't work- ask the instructor in person because I have no idea beyond this point :)

I hope I helped!!

Instructor
Site Admin

Re: How?

Post by Instructor »

I checked in your student folder and all I found is a set of empty folders. Try putting up your site again. Also, make sure your index.html file is looseleaf outside the folders. That'll make sure it shows.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173