Ahoy!

Please introduce yourself here. C'mon, don't be shy!
Olive

Ahoy!

Post by Olive »

Wazzup

I'm Olivia/Olive whichever is fine, I don't know how long I've been going to TMCC for my degree probably longer than it should take, but I love all the classes they offer, from graphics to art history. My major is Graphic Design but I'd like to get a Fine arts degree as well. I'm pretty excited about Web Design, I only got a taste of it back in high school but I cant wait to learn more. :geek:

I really like character design, I make a ton of original characters with my friends it's hard to keep track of them all :lol: Besides designing characters I also enjoy collecting, funko pops, swords/knives, and figurines of all kind. :geek: :ugeek:

I also love watching anime, reading manga, and binging Youtube videos ( feel free to leave any recommendations for either of these categories). Right now I'm currently binging ModernGurlz videos, they do an in-depth analysis of the female fashions of the early 2000s in movies and tv shows.
\₍ᐢ•ﻌ•ᐢ₎*・゚。 Olivia Reyes ( ^..^)ノ

Instructor
Site Admin

Re: Ahoy!

Post by Instructor »

A Hex Girls avatar! Olive knows what's up.

Image right back at you, Olivia. Don't worry about having been here too long. If you stay long enough, they'll just offer you a job. I'm living proof. Heck, they even pay you in free credits equivalent to the credits you teach (along with money, of course). But seriously, your graphic design skills will serve you well in here. Web design is all about adding interactivity to page layout, so any previous layout experience will help immensely.

I'm going to have to make a YouTube video recommendation thread in Off Topic as well, aren't I?
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

rmepinero

Re: Ahoy!

Post by rmepinero »

Hi Olivia!

Stoked to have another class with you. I tottalllyyy understand taking longer than it should take to get a degree here, that’s literally my life. Hopefully I’ll be graduating at the end of this year but dude I swear it took me a couple of years to navigate everything and figure stuff out.

Anywayss you’re always creating great work and it’s cool to see how you’ve grown as a designer and I’m sure you’ll be making even cooler stuff this semester 8-)
Rowena Piñero
"My vibe is like, hey you could probably pour soup in my lap and I'll apologize to you."