Hello!

Please introduce yourself here. C'mon, don't be shy!
Hamistani

Hello!

Post by Hamistani »

My name is Heather and I am 20 years old. I Graduated from TMCC high school, so this is my fourth year at TMCC. I was working towards nursing, but I wasn't enjoying it, so recently... and I mean Sunday night, I decided to look into a Graphics Engineering degree because I have always enjoyed graphic design and math. With this being said, I dropped some classes and enrolled in some late. I have only taken two Graphic Design classes previous to this one, but I am super excited to learn more. I currently work as a math, chemistry, and American Sign Language tutor at TMCC, which currently means we are tutoring people online, and it's been interesting to see the changes made. In my free time, I love to hang out with my family and friends, play with my dogs, hike, kayak, make digital projects, go to the batting cages, and play video games.

As for my dogs, I have 3 of them. One is a chiweenie/chihuahua mix named Padfoot (from Harry Potter), one is a boxer whose name is Baby Buckley, and the newest addition to the fam is a corgi mix named Scooby. Scooby has the most energy, so before 3ft of snow hit my house, we were taking daily walks.

I am super excited to be in this class and to get to know the rest of you! :D
- Heather Amistani
Ehhh, What's up Doc? ;)

Instructor
Site Admin

Re: Hello!

Post by Instructor »

Ooooh! Another TMCC High School alumni. I too went to TMCC High (Class of '99). I'm glad to see that lil' cheat code to college advancement is still running. Did your class have one of those crazy-ass overachievers who got an AA and a High School diploma at the same time? We had one and I could never work as hard as she could. Holy crap (or is it carp)! But then again, she got a PhD at 23, so what do I know.

Welcome to GRC 175, Heather. Nursing to Graphic Design is a heck of a shift. You have a science brain so I think you'll really twig on programming. Front end development will agree with you nicely I'd say. You can be creative and use numbers! If you like front end development you may want to look at back end development as well.

So what does Scooby think of snow taller than he is?
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Hamistani

Post by Hamistani »

That's so cool! We had a lot of students who graduated with an AA and an AS with their high school diploma because they now accept sophomores... I was not one of them. And now my younger sister who is a junior in the high school TMCC program and is already in Calculus, so she's the person I think of when I hear overachiever.

Scooby was scared of the snow. :lol: However, once he saw my sister and Padfoot playing in it, he was fine, but now he only walks on a path that runs through the middle of our yard.
- Heather Amistani
Ehhh, What's up Doc? ;)

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Sophomores?! That's cheating. <old man>Why, back in my day we all had to start as Juniors!</old man>

Glad to hear you were able to provide Scooby with a little bravery. Though I appreciate his wariness of snow.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173