project_4_preliminary_critique

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
smartinez33

project_4_preliminary_critique

Post by smartinez33 »

Hi Everyone!! Here is my layouts, for my first layout is lavender field which is look a bit similar of project 1 preliminary critique but I want to make it fun and interesting in the program . For the second layout I choose different color of green instead of TMCC color with graphic design image that can relate in the program.
project_4_mobile_01.jpg
project_4_inner_pages_mobile_02.jpg
project_4_inner_pages_mobile_01.jpg
project_4_inner_pages_computer_02.jpg
project_4_inner_pages_computer_01.jpg
project_4_computer_02.jpg
project_4_computer_01.jpg

genesis_urena

Re: project_4_preliminary_critique

Post by genesis_urena »

Hello! Sandra. I am liking it best your design number 2. I feel you can push it more further and develop a nice concept. It feels neat and easy to navigate.

Nice job! :)
GENESISURENA

trixiapanda

Post by trixiapanda »

I like the second concept more because everything is more readable. But I do like the colors of the first one! Although I like the lavender on the first one, the theme itself doesn't fit well with the "graphic arts" theme. Overall, layout and fonts are looking good!
♡ Trixia Benitez

NalaniN

Post by NalaniN »

Hi Sandra,

Nice work! I love all the colors. It feels fun and exciting. It looks like you need to add some more space around the text in your buttons.
Nice job!
Last edited by NalaniN on Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nalani Nickles

katyroses

Post by katyroses »

I like both concepts, but I think I'm leaning towards the computer one. The other one has great imagery, but seems almost too pretty for the program, but both look great! Maybe just make your text smaller in the buttons? Seems a tad tight.
Katelyn R. Brooke

adriannageo

Post by adriannageo »

I really like the computer 1 layout the best, as much as I love the lavender background, it doesn't really speak graphic design to me.
Adrianna George

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Interesting choices here, Sandra.

I prefer your "01" design myself. I think it's the picture. It's very on topic. It shows the students the tools they will use in our program and adds splashes of color to the whole thing. Your navigation is well placed and easy to find and use. The whole layout is pretty clean with your image area acting as a presentation space for your info. It looks like the whole thing folds up pretty nicely into a good mobile layout too. Most of the generic info is in the footer. A strong choice there.

I think you've got too many fonts in your design. I'd recommend trying just your navigation and headline font in different weights and see how that works. You don't need individual green buttons in your navigation. I think your type will stand out just fine against your green navbar. Maybe use them as rollovers? I'd make your footer black to add a bit of extra contrast. Your logo and type should show nicely against that.

Good effort.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Brandon_P

Post by Brandon_P »

I really like your first layout for your designs, nice and colorful. It's clean and looks easy to navigate. The greens you picked work well.
Brandon Plunkett

Fear The Deer

Post by Fear The Deer »

Hi Sandra!

I like your 01 concept a bit more- I think the background image communicates what the program is quickly. I think the bottom bar could be made thinner, to give more space to the background.
Jessica Laughead

tandyg

Post by tandyg »

You are awesome. I like the layout that you have put together and the layout of the content. The image is appealing and the content is easy to see and navigate. I think it's an amazing, clean and representative of TMCC Graphic Media departments. :P
Tandy G
GRC 175, Web Design and Publishing I, Fall 2019
Truckee Meadows Community College