proj. 3 rough draft

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
raton de biblioteca

proj. 3 rough draft

Post by raton de biblioteca »

Hi everybody,

I really want to do scrolling parallax pages with both the light or dark versions of the website. The wind and the neon ideas that are shown, I would potentially like them to move? But, at the moment not sure of how to execute in html....

Thanks everybody,

Rachel
Attachments
light-version-desktop.png
light-version-mobile.png
light-version-degrees-desktop.png
light-version-degrees-mobile.png
dark-version-overview-mobile.png
dark-version-overview-desktop.png
dark-version_mobile.png
dark-version-desktop.png
Rachel Cao
We are all just having too much fun ;)

tweetysmurf2350

Re: proj. 3 rough draft

Post by tweetysmurf2350 »

I love both designs, but I love the old school classic feel of the second one. The black with the neon sign looking graphics makes me think of a simpler time in our history and that is a good feeling.
Terri J. Taber

"Happiness can be found in even the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore

emilyduke

Post by emilyduke »

I like the overall theme of the second design, interesting! I think you could move your nav bar up to the top of the page if you pick this one.
Starfish ✩ emily duke

Drakula

Post by Drakula »

Your second designs are rad! Your neon guy is so creative, it would be cool to use him in the mobile sites too. He can be the GRC mascot! Good job!
Dana Drakulich-King

veronica chapman

Post by veronica chapman »

I love the way your neon turned out!!!!

clawson

Post by clawson »

I like both designs, both great color schemes. I think the road design fits the school website better. One improvement could be to add detail to the stage, perhaps stage lights in the foreground and a spot light on the green man.
Clara Lawson

Stasiavous

Post by Stasiavous »

I love the look of the 80's neon design. The colors are great and you can incorporate the "arts" into it very well. Great job!
Staci Wilson

"I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not too sure" -Not too sure

matt

Post by matt »

Hi Rachel

the neon layout is most appealing to me. I think the parallax scrolling is a great idea! I also like your color choices. good job!
Matty James

Jones

Post by Jones »

I'm partial to the second design. It has a fun and interesting "Reno" feel to it. I think parallax is a great idea as well. The black background looks great too. Nice.

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Ooooh, I like your dark second design better. It reminds me of a nightclub. I really like how each section has it's own custom neon and colorscheme. You should do a TMCC logo in neon too!

I especially like how you're using layout as the commonality between pages and changing color from page to page to separate them and make it easier for people to know where they are on the website. High contrast always appeals to me and this uses it very well. The neon logos for each section are a super strong touch. Maybe use more neon accents? One of the little details that really appeals to me is the colored main nav button that lets people know where they are on the website. Your navigation in general is very easy to see and use. Nice use of margin as well, once you get rid of the boxes behind the type. Your diagonal framing structure on the overall layout is a nice touch too. The way you have it set up, the edges are the corners. It's very organized, but it still causes the user to reevaluate what they are seeing. Certainlay a memorable design.

I don't think you need the bodycopy type in a white and blue box. I think if you just make your type white on your black background, it will show just fine. The same goes for your green footer. If you pull the green box and just have white type, it will work fine, and look cleaner too.

Nice!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173