Project 3 Roughs

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
hiitsyuri24

Project 3 Roughs

Post by hiitsyuri24 »

Hi everyone,

I kept everything simple! I used TMCC GREEN first and got bored, so I used few different colors for other one.
Attachments
mobile-rough-a-1.jpg
mobile-rough-a-2.jpg
web-rough-a-1.jpg
web-rough-a-2.jpg
mobile-rough-b-1.jpg
mobile-rough-b-2.jpg
web-rough-b-1.jpg
web-rough-b-2.jpg
Yuri Aoki

tweetysmurf2350

Re: Project 3 Roughs

Post by tweetysmurf2350 »

I like the clean and professional look of the first one, it looks like it belongs at a University, let alone a Community College. The second one has merit, but the bright neon colors you used kind of makes my eyes vibrate, so over all go with the first one.
Terri J. Taber

"Happiness can be found in even the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore

Drakula

Post by Drakula »

I'm torn between the two. I like the first one for the sake of simplify and the overall TMCC aesthetic, but I feel the second one is so interesting and fun.
Dana Drakulich-King

jason_hosier

Post by jason_hosier »

ugh, to be honest I think the color overlay in your first set doesn't look right. I like your second layout especially the strong images you've chosen but the colors just don't appear professional or look like a college website. it looks like you are promoting a preschool. my second set of designs is kind of like this too. lol.
"Any law that cannot bend in a storm is destined to be broken."

emilyduke

Post by emilyduke »

I love color, but I think the first one looks more like a website to me. You could try getting rid of the black stroke on your big transparent box-it might make it look a little cleaner, and this is kind of like my Project 2 page design! The transparent box over a big image is nice!
Starfish ✩ emily duke

veronica chapman

Post by veronica chapman »

I like your first design with the mountains in the back, my only suggestion is the white box overlay could maybe be scaled to better fit the contents. it seems that there is too much empty.

raton de biblioteca

Post by raton de biblioteca »

The first design is so Reno in the fall! The green color that you have is spot on!!!
Rachel Cao
We are all just having too much fun ;)

evexhouses

Post by evexhouses »

I think the first set are my favorite, I would suggest playing around with your fonts a bit and adding more content to your pages. A picture is worth a 1000 words!
~"Graphic Design is my passion" -idk

-Evelyn Lopez

clawson

Post by clawson »

I like both designs and either could work. In the photo I'd try lessening how much green there is. On the second design I might try using "jewel-tone" colors as a way of unifying the design. Both are easy to read and visually interesting
Clara Lawson

matt

Post by matt »

Hi Yuri,

out of the two layouts that you've put up I definitely prefer the second over the first. It seems like you can create visual interest around the simple minimal style.

I can't wait to see these put into a website. nice work

I like the font choice too. It complements the overall concept of your design.
Matty James