Project 3

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
miss_kristine

Re: Project 3

Post by miss_kristine »

The type is hard to read on the transparent blue box, and the blue box and background should extend the height of the page. But it is a nice appearance overall
Kristine Toward

Vi_Vi

Post by Vi_Vi »

did you change the background image for your website?...It was more legible before...

Resolution for TMCC logo does need to fix, and maybe lower the opacity of the background image or have some kind of transparent box around the text area, because it's quite hard to read against the black text.
Vy Tat...

Lundholm

Post by Lundholm »

Yes I did change the background image... I said during preliminary critique that the picture was going to be the SIerra building rather than the city of Reno like it was then. I took a picture of the Sierra building using my camera which goes up to 14 megapixels. It was taken in 1920x1080 (so it would accomodate any monitor from what a tech-head like me would have and on down from there)

I've changed the opacity of the blue box like 3 times... what opacity would you recommend?
- Nathan Lundholm

Vi_Vi

Post by Vi_Vi »

Oh it's much better now. I like it. Good job.
Vy Tat...

jfotodesign

Post by jfotodesign »

the picture seems way big need to be shrunk down a bit, looks good in the layout tho =D.
my Kia beats

olddragon

Post by olddragon »

I hope you can fix your blue box, because I think it can work well if the box were more opaque and consistent in size. I also think linking to the whole TMCC course catalog isn't very helpful to the new student... I would change it for the GRC course list page instead. With those changes the site could do good.
Arlene Williams
Old dragons get tired but they can still flame. Beware!

hillysho

Post by hillysho »

I too am having typography issues with your site. I think that the box and the image get confused with the type at a certain point and it becomes hard to read. Overall I think this is headed in a good direction, it just needs some attention to get there.
Hilary Shohoney