Final for Project 3 and all Projects together

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
Ariesboxsye

Final for Project 3 and all Projects together

Post by Ariesboxsye »

All my projects are linked together but otherwise, here is the link:

http://www.grc175.com/student/fall_2017/travis_shelley/

Right away I would suggest opening this in google Chrome over Firefox, for some reason there is a slight difference in how my headers are displayed in both.

Aside from all that, my project 3 file starts with a splash page that you click on wizard the lizard to access the rest of the site. I kept the TMCC green I wanted and reduced the slime input as it seemed to overwhelming, heard a comment it looked more like looking in some ones mouth and realized the bottom slime idea just didn't work on all pages. One unique factor I decided to do was a light box for student gallery, using some images of projects we have done to display potential projects and outcomes.

Last note, I wish everyone a happy holidays and to stay warm out there, its going to freeze over.
~Names Aries Shelley~

SerenDark

Re: Final for Project 3 and all Projects together

Post by SerenDark »

Very nice! I love your creative font choice and your banner images. Your navbar feels bold and, with the footer, seems to frame the page in a nice way. The static footer is a nice touch as well.
My only suggestions would be to replace the filler text and add some padding here and there. For example, on the Classes Offered page, the text is really close on the left to the Adobe icons and it creates a sort of tension. There is also some readability issue with your expressive font as headlines on the Degrees and Certificates page, for example.
All in all, very nice job! I still really like how pretty and colorful your Project 1 is.
=== Olivia Putnam ===
SerenDark on:
Steam, Twitch, Discord

Moderator for DreadedCone's Twitch channel & Discord server.
Illustration, design, and Dark Souls game enthusiast.

====================

Kyler_Rose

Post by Kyler_Rose »

Over all your website is looking extremely nice i think that it turn out really well, my only problem with it is that there is still alot of filler text in your website.
Kyler Rose

breezy

Post by breezy »

Hey,

I loved seeing all your amazing designs this semester, great job!
"A day without laughter is a day wasted." - Charlie Chaplin

Brianna Mick

ktwy

Post by ktwy »

Your TMCC page looks nice! My one suggestion with the type would be to use a light-colored glow effect because black on black looks muddled.
You picked some really fun header pictures. Good job :)

fjbo

Post by fjbo »

I think you have a very interesting design here.

The Strong: Style. Branding. Layout. Concept. Imagery. I really enjoyed your concept and the use of the TMCC colors. Your imagery goes along with the rest of the content for every page in a very professional manner.The layout somehow resembles the college's which is an extension of the TMCC branding use, but it has your own style. Very well.

The Not-So Strong: Landpage/Homepage. Scale. Your homepage is an obstacle in terms of usage. The reason people visit websites is mostly to find answers, if your user is visiting your website is because they want to learn more, making your whole homepage a call-to-action element is not very good idea because it blocks the usage flow adding an unnecessary click and loading time without any usability benefit. Also, one of the big problems with modern website is the abusive use of large text size. I feel that your website falls into this by using large fonts everywhere and not to emphasize altering the whole scale of the website and therefore causing the website to fill more space than it is needed which makes less information be available on screen making a lot of content be "under-the-fold".

Very good job in terms of the style for all of your websites you really pursue your own style.
FJBO

FRANCISCO JAVIER BECERRA-ORTIZ