Project 3-Preliminary

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.

Which Do You Like Better

Green
25%
Paint
75%

Total votes: 4

Kyler_Rose

Project 3-Preliminary

Post by Kyler_Rose »

Over all I still not sure if i like these designs as a final version if i had to lean to one i would say i would go with Green and white design over the paint one. But i wanted to keep everything nice and neat.
Attachments
home_1.png
body_1.png
home_2.png
body_2.png
Kyler Rose

erika.murray

Re: Project 3-Preliminary

Post by erika.murray »

Both ideas are nice, but the green one looks really clean and easy to navigate. I like the rounded rectangle on the inner page, it creates some kind of comfort. On your homepage, add some type or something under that image rotator so that there isn't only one thing on the homepage.
The paint idea is cool, but I'm having a hard time with the type against the imagery.
Fate, my friend, you say the strangest things

Erika Murray

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Hey! Another poll! Nice. Time to cast a vote ...

I like your paint layout best. It's very colorful and has a great texture to it. The paint also really catches the eye and provides a great contrast against the white background. You can do a lot in the white background area depending on where you want to take the design. You've got the room to do whatever you like. The design has a good vertical feel. It might lend itself to a single page scroller build.

I don't think you need the black boxes behind the type. I think your title text would stand out just the same if you put a drop shadow underneath it. Also, move your bodycopy below the drips into the white and you won't need to put a black box behind that either. Separate and center your nav buttons as well.

Good ideas.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

ktwy

Post by ktwy »

The paint one is really cool, just try to find some high-res images. Or maybe you can add some of the green into the paint one??

selvster5000

Post by selvster5000 »

First design wins, definitely. I love the colors and the paint theme. Try messing around with the navigation buttons though they seem too big. Nice work!
Cheers,
Hannah Selvey

susielang

Post by susielang »

I like your first design. Very cool. Adds a lot of contrast, color, texture, and dimension. There are a lot of great possibilities for this version. On the right track!
Susie Lang

Peelio

Post by Peelio »

Hi,

The green and white design is clean and neat. More info on the home page design may help the uninformed audience. The image rotator is a nice addition to the design.
Melissa Peel

SerenDark

Post by SerenDark »

The green design is really easy to navigate and is a nice idea, but the paint design is more interesting visually. Try to find a hi-res photo of the dripping paint, and for the title I think you can get away with making the black box solid instead of transparent, with the title white on top and then moving the nav to be below, helping make it distinct and stand out a bit better, though also with something behind it, still. If you can find a smaller paint drips image, then the bodycopy won't need to overlap the drips at all and can simply be black on the white background.
=== Olivia Putnam ===
SerenDark on:
Steam, Twitch, Discord

Moderator for DreadedCone's Twitch channel & Discord server.
Illustration, design, and Dark Souls game enthusiast.

====================

Cassiebowers

Post by Cassiebowers »

I like the paint one. The colors are really cool. Maybe make your nav smaller so it fits in the grey box better.
Cassandra Bowers

Ariesboxsye

Post by Ariesboxsye »

first design choice has a nice banner, I feel choice two is to simple. The running paints and brushes are nice to use. Aside from that however, you might want to incorporate the same idea from choice two, mostly the layout of staff page, into your first idea.
~Names Aries Shelley~