P3 Preliminary

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
ktwy

P3 Preliminary

Post by ktwy »

Hi All~

Here are my 4 rough layouts.
In all honesty, I totally lost all my creative juices after the first one, so the second rough is not very exciting haha.

Let me know your thoughts! :)
Attachments
rough1.jpg
rough2.jpg
rough3.jpg
rough4.jpg

erika.murray

Re: P3 Preliminary

Post by erika.murray »

That first layout is fantastic! I love the white against the colorful drawing. The left side navigation is nice too, and the Graphic Communications title is creative. I would make your navigation text more bold. If you added a colorful drawing to each page it would make each page pop. Have your subheads aligned left on your inner page. Cool design!
Fate, my friend, you say the strangest things

Erika Murray

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Oh nice!

I really like your first design. That elephant painting grabs the eye and does not let go. It immediately establishes what's going on here and beckons the reader to explore further. Excellent choice. I also like your typeface choice. It's a super clean sans serif that's easy to read, but has a little geometric style to it. Definitely a step up from the usual Arial or Helvetica you see on these things. Your navigation is easy to see and use and it's common placement ties your home and inner pages together. Good use of margins on your inner page to establish proximity between objects and separate out your content areas. The geometry echoes that of your typeface.

Your font does look a little squished as bodycopy on your inner page. I also wonder if the composition would look better with a black TMCC logo.

Good work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

selvster5000

Post by selvster5000 »

OOOOOO that elephant is amazing, I love it. Definitely go with your first design, the colors and type placement are perfection. I would try to incorporate more color in your additional page, it might make it a little more visually interesting.
Cheers,
Hannah Selvey

Peelio

Post by Peelio »

Hi,

The design with the elephant is fun. The minimalist look is easy to navigate. Overall the design is strong. A thicker typeface on the inner page body copy would greatly improve the legibility. :)
Melissa Peel

susielang

Post by susielang »

First layout is very cool. Really like the elephant and those colors. The layout is very eyecatching and flows very nicely.
Susie Lang

SerenDark

Post by SerenDark »

The first design is significantly more eye-catching and interesting to digest. The bodycopy feels sort of squished, with all of the elements so close together as they are. The Emphasis courses might also be broken up into more groups, to keep with consistency for subheads as with the First/Second Levels. Or line up the word "Emphasis" with "First Level."
It may be worthwhile to see how the TMCC logo looks in black.
You could also experiment and make the background black instead of white, and then all of the text white.
=== Olivia Putnam ===
SerenDark on:
Steam, Twitch, Discord

Moderator for DreadedCone's Twitch channel & Discord server.
Illustration, design, and Dark Souls game enthusiast.

====================

Kyler_Rose

Post by Kyler_Rose »

I like the home page for the first template, but the body page seem blank and blank that it needs some sort of design or image aplied to it. As for your second design it is also kinda of bland and looks like its missing some key elements.
Kyler Rose

Cassiebowers

Post by Cassiebowers »

I really like the first design. The painting is really pretty. I like the layout of your inner page it looks really nice. My only critique is your nav is getting lost because its overlapping the picture.
Cassandra Bowers

Ariesboxsye

Post by Ariesboxsye »

Bother are amazing looking ideas, the first captures me as your use of imagery grabs me, nice use of it by the way. I would like to see that combine with the layout idea of your second choice, not the color scheme but simply the font layout.
~Names Aries Shelley~