Project 2 rough

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
Jose_M

Project 2 rough

Post by Jose_M »

So the website I decided to redesign is burzum.org. This website is about promoting the band "BURZUM" and a certain belief/ideology, which is paganism. I went with a design that is simplistic and easy to navigate compared to the original website because it is crammed with information. Same goes for the second page. At the moment, there are missing content for what I wanting to show along with the second rough. The second rough was going to focus more on the music side of the website because the first concept matches my project one home page although it could be a theme.
Attachments
burzum_second_page.jpg
burzum_home_page.jpg
Jose Macias.

SerenDark

Re: Project 2 rough

Post by SerenDark »

I'm torn. The "second page" feels cleaner, but the other one ("home page") is so much more expressive and representative of the subject matter. I would say to work with the "home page" design. What if you try narrowing the nav bar, moving it up, increasing the size of the "merchandise" square image to take up more of the space, possibly removing the "Merchandise:" text entirely, and shrinking the main paragraph of body copy so it fits over on the right better without taking the attention of the whole space? I'm uncertain what could be tried from here. The main paragraph is a little hard to read.
=== Olivia Putnam ===
SerenDark on:
Steam, Twitch, Discord

Moderator for DreadedCone's Twitch channel & Discord server.
Illustration, design, and Dark Souls game enthusiast.

====================

Ltrueworthy

Post by Ltrueworthy »

I really like the first layout because it is very clean and flows well. My only concern with it is that it doesn't necessarily show/represent the band. I like how it looks but there needs to be something that lets a viewer know it is a band. Maybe if the main image wasn't just a guy and instead was the band on stage at a concert. If you found a good image of a guitar (maybe one they use) you could have that as filler on the left side of the image in the white. I added a little example of what i'm talking about if it doesn't make sense (the quality is shit and the images are just random but it's more of an idea.)
Attachments
Screen Shot.png
Lea Trueworthy

Kyler_Rose

Post by Kyler_Rose »

Over all it is a little hard to tell you what to improve on as you a missing two designs completely, but the main thing you should change is the body font, it is a little hard to read.
Kyler Rose

darian_p

Post by darian_p »

the first image seems to work the best. It's simple but appealing. The second page just feels a little too busy and with all the images grouped together in the bottom left corner and a huge paragraph to the right. Maybe break it up with text and images in columns to help with that.
bImage
Darian Potichny

breezy

Post by breezy »

Hey,

I like the layout of your second design but seeing as you are missing two designs I don't have anything to compare it to.
"A day without laughter is a day wasted." - Charlie Chaplin

Brianna Mick

Pearl_Underwood

Post by Pearl_Underwood »

I like the second page design with the wood theme. Not too sure about the first, seems like there is too much white.
~Pearl Underwood~

Cassiebowers

Post by Cassiebowers »

I like the second design. I like the font you picked for it and the background image. Maybe move the . in .org so its not touching the "m" in the title.
Cassandra Bowers

Marco_Horta1

Post by Marco_Horta1 »

hi Jose,

I like the second one better it feels balanced and organized it also give an appealing and cleaner navigation.
good work jose.
"Whoever is trying to bring you down, is already below you"- KUSHANDWIZDOM
Marco Horta

chaytothet

Post by chaytothet »

These look super nice! I personally like the first one better. It's super clean and easy to interpret. It leads your eyes right through the design.
-Chalyn

Just because my path is different doesn't mean I'm lost
-Gerard Abrams