Project 1 Roughs, by Francisco

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Kyler_Rose

Re: Project 1 Roughs, by Francisco

Post by Kyler_Rose »

I really Like both of your designs, they are nice and neat each part of information has its own area. Between the two i am going to say go with your second template.

First Template:
Over Design is extremely nice but one of the main problems you will have to worry about in the future is having a background image that we will match up with itself as it repeats. Also the Gray Squard in the lower left corner just seems out of place and maybe that are could be redone in some way.
Second Template:
This Template is alot more neat and clean compare to the other one. But you need to be careful of the grandient running through the template. Only have the Gradient running at the top and the bottom of the template.

Lastly Dont forget a picture of yourself.
Kyler Rose

erika.murray

Post by erika.murray »

Francisco, both of your layouts are excellent! Your logo is, as well.
The first design feels more business-like than web designer-like because of the marble background.
Your second design is best because the neon colors pop out against the background, creating the feeling of circuit boards or technology. The only thing I would change is to watch the spacing between the giant circles and your body text. I really love how this design turned out and I think you should keep working at it.
Fate, my friend, you say the strangest things

Erika Murray

breezy

Post by breezy »

Hey,

I really like both, I am slightly leaning towards the second design just because it pops a little more than the first one. Good job all around!
"A day without laughter is a day wasted." - Charlie Chaplin

Brianna Mick

SerenDark

Post by SerenDark »

Ohh these are really cool and they're already oozing with character! I feel that the second design is stronger, but it doesn't feel very organized. The elements are just kinda there. Try playing with alignments and spacing to really bring them in tighter and with more consistency. There's also some tension issues where text is really close to another element and nearly tangents.
Your first design feels like it could be .... more? It looks nice and it works, but it just isn't very interesting, even through the character.
=== Olivia Putnam ===
SerenDark on:
Steam, Twitch, Discord

Moderator for DreadedCone's Twitch channel & Discord server.
Illustration, design, and Dark Souls game enthusiast.

====================

Peelio

Post by Peelio »

Hey Francisco!

Both designs are well thought out and executed. The second design is simple and balanced. I prefer that one. The special use of color makes the color stand out. There are no aspects of TMCC on there, but I'm sure it would be easy to incorporate them at the bottom of the page. Spacing needs work, but not much. Overall, I like the circle shapes and color simplicity. Looking forward to seeing more!
Melissa Peel

Ltrueworthy

Post by Ltrueworthy »

I think the second layout is my favorite, I really like the colors you used including the neon green. It kind of looks like a statement piece on a wall for a fancy art place ha. It has that BAM factor which i always enjoy. The first layout is nice but doesn't have any "BAM" factor for me. I'm just wondered the green is too bright. I wonder what it might look like if it was dulled down a little bit, just so people don't hurt their eyes.
Lea Trueworthy

CarnutianDragon

Post by CarnutianDragon »

Hi Francisco,

I really like the color and feel of your second design. It has a nice professional quality too it combined with your interesting font choices and use of soft shapes. The only thing I would change is the placements of your body copy as they appear off centered.

Great work and I can't wait to see the finished product! :D
Sarah Alvarado

darian_p

Post by darian_p »

The bottom design works the best, however I would line up your body copy so they are next to each other. Maybe put the one on the bottom left hand side inside the grey circle and change the font color black.
bImage
Darian Potichny

Zera-Chann

Post by Zera-Chann »

Hey Francisco!

I love the colors of second one very pleasing to the eyes.

I would say fix your margins just a little bit it just seems off balance to me.

Can't wait to see the finished project!

JulianEmme

Post by JulianEmme »

These are both really rad and work really well, I like the second one better I think but they at both really good. Nice job!
Julian Emme