Preliminary Critique

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
CarnutianDragon

Re: Preliminary Critique

Post by CarnutianDragon »

Hi Hannah,

I am really liking your second design but to make it really pop I'd suggest adding design elements from your second into it. The blockiness of your second design combined with the round shapes making up your central character in your first could create a very interesting composition. Definitely increase the size of your type as well since it is difficult to see.

Great job and I can't wait to see your finished product! :D
Sarah Alvarado

Zera-Chann

Post by Zera-Chann »

Hey Hannah!

I love the second one a bit more love the colors and type, it's really fun!

I would say move were your links buttons to the top it would make the navigation a lot more easier

Can't wait to see your finished work!

breezy

Post by breezy »

Hannah, I love them both but that fierce kitty has won my heart! The only thing I would maybe change is to make to text pop a little more, maybe put a drop shadow on it? Good job Hannah!
"A day without laughter is a day wasted." - Charlie Chaplin

Brianna Mick

SerenDark

Post by SerenDark »

These are both very unique and very nice! I do prefer the second design. The colors are outstanding!
So, in the second design, the readability of your name gets lost. The "h" and "y" are so unattached that they don't really easily read as belonging to the rest of the words in question. The rest of the text is also currently really tiny and kinda narrow, which makes it hard to really focus on.
Your first design has readability issues with how most of the text is a similar value as the background, resulting in it not coming across right away or much at all.
=== Olivia Putnam ===
SerenDark on:
Steam, Twitch, Discord

Moderator for DreadedCone's Twitch channel & Discord server.
Illustration, design, and Dark Souls game enthusiast.

====================

Peelio

Post by Peelio »

Hi Hannah,

The second design is more formal while the other one is playful. I do like them both, but the gray and red one looks tighter. It doesn't feel too much like a magazine. ;) Some of the text is small, but the colors go together well. I like how you played with asymmetry!
Melissa Peel

Cassiebowers

Post by Cassiebowers »

Hi Hannah,

I like both of your designs. They are both stunning and have a very contemporary feel to them. I think I like the second one more though. I love your use of shapes and your type placement, and your use of colors. Maybe make the pink type in the white areas a little bigger so they are easier to see. The leopard is super cool, maybe you will find something cool to do with it later in the semester.
Cassandra Bowers

darian_p

Post by darian_p »

I like the second version better. Its got a nice balance of negative and positive space with a good use of color. Overall its more appealing to look at. Good work! :)
bImage
Darian Potichny

JulianEmme

Post by JulianEmme »

These are both super cool, I might like the second one a little better? it has an old school album cover feel to it that works really well. The h and the y are a little hard to make but but you could easily fix that.
Julian Emme

fjbo

Post by fjbo »

Wow I think this one is fantastic, I really enjoy the classy yet experimental feeling to this one:

I like the illustration on your other draft, which i think it would still fit on your left panel withing the circles. I think you could play with depth with your circles and your feline.

Overall, it is pretty unique from my perspective. It has a very solid color palette which is pretty attractive and fun to the eye. I really enjoy your vertical orientation for your menu, it's gonna make some people tilt their heads. Very effective.
FJBO

FRANCISCO JAVIER BECERRA-ORTIZ