PRELIM - Project3

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
erose

PRELIM - Project3

Post by erose »

Howdy Folks!

Here are my project3 roughs. Imagine using css to really spruce up these pages. I couldn't really express the details of my end game using Photoshop. Can't wait to hear what you all think.
Attachments
Rough01 home page
Rough01 home page
Rough01 inner page
Rough01 inner page
Rough02 home page
Rough02 home page
Rough02 inner page
Rough02 inner page

EduardoG

Re: PRELIM - Project3

Post by EduardoG »

Hi Ed,
Both of your roughs are looking great!
Out of the two roughs, I consider "grc-site-rough01-home" to be the better design.
Rough 01 has a more unified appeal, and the color scheme is interesting.
Only advice I can think of right now, is to change the font for the paragraph, and to increase the font-size.
The image on the left for the "rough01" student art seems out of place, and grabs my attention much more than the rest of the rough.
- Eduardo Garcia

Stephski

Post by Stephski »

Hi Ed!
Your Rough Two works best I think. Is it intentional that the background changes between the homepage and the inner pages? I chose that design for the unity mostly. The design doesn't change much from one page to another, which is nice! I also enjoy the colors you have decided to work with. Perhaps just preserve the TMCC logo as it is on you rough02_inner, it brings dynamic to the page. And keep your background the same on the inner pages and homepage. :)
- Stephanie Kendziorski.

BreeAnn

Post by BreeAnn »

Hey Ed,

These both look good. I like the red one better. I like the pattern you put on the edges on the home page and I especially like the stick figure art on the inner page. I have 2 suggestions, 1: try to stick with 2 fonts, and 2: I would lighten up the lighter color a little to give it a little more contrast from the darker red.

Nice work!
BreeAnn St.Onge

IvorHarvey

Post by IvorHarvey »

Hey Ed!
Between both your design I think that your rough 2 works better for me. I think the overall color scheme is more pleasing, and the use of cool colors makes it easy on the eyes. I like how on the second page you have a low opacity background image behind the instructors, and I think playing with that same idea on the homepage would look good. The only thing I think could use some shifting is the headline "instructors" above the images- that way we don't have to look for what the page is about.
Ivor Harvey

elizabeth_mccurdy

Post by elizabeth_mccurdy »

Hey Ed!

Both design look great :D I am still trying to decide which one to pick up :roll: Ok your design on top I like all the organization, design, picture and type. I think look great and it calls my attention, I just will tell you to play more with the color to do better contrast with the background and type. I feel like all the colors are the same tone and is hard to see all the great work you have there.

Now I think that your rough 2 work good too, I think the colors look great and is easy to read, and I really like the picture in the background but I think you should play more with the type to calls the attention more.

You are doing so great work and I happy to be in the same class with you, I am excited to see your final work. I think always your final work look great in the end :lol:
Elizabeth McCurdy

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Nicely done, Ed.

I really like your blue design especially the inner page with the faded surrealist background. That image adds such texture to the simple, clean composition that you've established. I also think your use of a handwriting font for the "Graphic Communications" really works. Your navigation is well placed and easy to use and your content is well laid out and easy to follow. The department social media links are well placed, too.

Bring some of the neat details you established in your inner page to your home page. I think your home page would look much better with the diagonal "Graphic Communications" headline in the upper left and a background image (maybe another surrealist piece). As much as I appreciate the use of a Star Wars font, it does clash a little with the rest of your design.

Good work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173