Project Two - Final

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
Stephski

Project Two - Final

Post by Stephski »

Hello everyone,
my websites are available at: http://www.grc175.com/student/spring_20 ... ndziorski/. You will find Project Two under projects, there is a link in the popup window. I just realized that I forgot to complete the "Files" page for that project, which I will update as soon as possible - I should meet the page requirement though.
Please let me know what you think of those two websites, I have been staring at them for hours, it almost as if I am unable to see what is working and not working anymore. My websites are not responsive unfortunately, they work best on a desktop.

Have a great evening!
- Stephanie Kendziorski.

erose

Re: Project Two - Final

Post by erose »

Hi Stephanie!

Ha! Yeah, you have to step away and stop looking at web pages for a while or you can go batty! :lol:
I love it! I really like the designs you come up with. I like your use of one background image for the whole project 2 site. It works really well. Your site is easy to follow and soothing to look at. You provide the crucial information a person visiting an AA site would want to have, without making them click too deep into the site. There are some things you've done with your code that are really cool. Maybe you wouldn't mind sharing later. If I have to pick something out and make a suggestion, then I would suggest trying to align the contact info areas. Other than that (and even with that), great site!

BreeAnn

Post by BreeAnn »

Umm... Over-achiever much? This looks awesome Stephanie.

I like how you can really tell that both sites were built by the same person. You've left your mark on them. I think you made a good choice with the new background image, it works much better for our area than the your prelim. There isn't really anything that jumps out at me to change. Good work!
BreeAnn St.Onge

michelek

Post by michelek »

Hi Stephanie,

Really like to look of your website (ugly one). I like the background image, and easy to navigate. The color choices along with the background image seems soothing goes well with the content of the website.

Great job!
Michele K Ott

KKentera_5000

Post by KKentera_5000 »

Hya Stephanie,
Great job on this! I get a real sense of your minimalist approach to your gateway page as well as the AA site. Since it is an informational site this approach works very well. I like the drop down or (drop side) menu under meetings, (I still haven't figured out how to style those proper). I thought it was interesting how you have a calendar that goes infinitely into the future(idk? I stopped at like 2033) not sure how far it goes and I'm not sure how you did it but it works for me cuz I'm planning on becoming a fall down drunk right around 2031 or so if the world still exists then. I looked at some of your code in chrome but not sure if that's some kind of widget or what.
with all of that said I still think you could use some black borders around some of the boxes just to separate it from the whitish background cuz it kinda blends in a lil'. Still cool though! Peace outtie 5000.
Kevin Kentera

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Wow! Great use of transparency on your Project 2, Stephanie. That faceless head on your Project 1 is creepy as all get out though. I hope you don't see yourself as a faceless void.

The muted colors and peaceful wind in reeds background image help reinforce your message of understanding and recovery. The fixed navbar is super easy to see and use and makes for a great common element of your design. I like the subtle, sepia colors among the whites of the design. It helps add just that little bit of hope in all the mutedness. It also helps draw the eye to critical parts of the design, like your buttons and logo. Typographically it reinforces the mutedness with a thin sans-serif type. Even the contact form works. Or at least it goes through the motions of sending, anyway. But I keep coming back to the use of transparency on the thing. That subtle extra "pop" when the background image sweeps along under the navbar is impressive.

I believe it could have used just a little more color, so it's not quite so bleak. I also think, from a UI perspective, it could have used some rollovers to reinforce what was clickable and what wasn't.

Nicely done!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Adobe WanKenobi

Post by Adobe WanKenobi »

Uh, yeah, thats good stuff! Your background and color scheme is calm and soothing for your Project 2 site. I love the action of how your Project 1 scrolls.