Kevin's project_2

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
KKentera_5000

Kevin's project_2

Post by KKentera_5000 »

I uploaded to the ftp last night but have since made some adjustments and fixed a couple links, I've still got some broken links (unfinished pages), but it's coming along, and it's becoming quite fun. Is there a hidden Easter egg idk? maybe? Tell me what you guys think.

http://www.grc175.com/student/spring_20 ... n_kentera/

It seems to be moving elements all over the place across different resolutions and browsers, try setting the size of the window to something near laptop resolution and using Google Chrome to view it as I intended.
Kevin Kentera

erose

Re: Kevin's project_2

Post by erose »

Kevin,

Great Improvement from the original site! Everything looks great when I view it with Edge. Only the Condos page goes a little haywire. I really like your Home and About pages. I like the links on the Condos page that take you to all the cool things you can find in the area. The Pacific Monarch Condos page is really nice and clean to look at. I just have a couple of suggestions: Maybe consider having your nav bar on the Condos page. All of the other pages have it and it makes it nice to be able to go anywhere from anywhere. Also, you should consider having your pages open in the same window if they are a part of your site. After clicking around for a while there were lots-o-tabs open (when linking to an external site, new window is good). This is just my opinion. :D

Great Job!

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Did ... did you make "Robot Bushido Warriors"? Asking for a friend.

I think you've really improved on not just the crappy website you were re-designing, but also your roughs as well. That home page is pretty on point I would say. It's both a metaphorical and literal gateway to this resort. Your logo typeface was well chosen and works very well with the design. So does your bodycopy. Usually "specialty" fonts break down a bit as bodycopy, but yours works well. Color me surprised. I also like the blue navigation and content area. Much easier to see and use that on any of your roughs. That's what I want to see.

I'm not sure I care for the color shift from home page to about page. It's a little jarring. It would have been smoother if you'd kept the color and typeface from the home page during the transition. Boy howdy, that condo page sure is a mess, isn't it?

I really like seeing improvement like this! Great effort!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

BreeAnn

Post by BreeAnn »

Hey Kevin,

Nice work. I'm glad you went with that window picture for your home page. I also like the choice of the family for the about page instead of the hammock lady. I would suggest that you have some kind of body copy on that page, it's leaving something to be desired with just the picture.

Good job!
BreeAnn St.Onge

elizabeth_mccurdy

Post by elizabeth_mccurdy »

Hello Kevin,

Great work!

I like you home page for project #1. I like the color and the position. The project #2 It is better that the original site. Everything looks great. I just think the Condos page need more work specially something in the back-ground.

Great Job! ;)
Elizabeth McCurdy

IvorHarvey

Post by IvorHarvey »

Hey Kevin, sorry about the late reply! Anyway, I think that you're off to a good start with the "bad" website makeover. You're homepage for that set is the strongest of the ones you have done, and I think that you are doing a good job keeping the colors consistent and giving it that airy beach feel! I think you should consider keeping the navigation the same throughout the page, including colors, hovers, and position- it'll give the layout some consistency. The last page needs some work, like you said, but I'd like to see what it turns out like if you decide to finish it up!

Also the homepage turned out pretty well overall, the only issue is with the "links" navigation button, maybe try one of those hover drop down menus we tried out in class so it doesn't expand the box that it's in!

Other than that its off to a good start! Dope!
Ivor Harvey