Project 2 rough Critique

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
ZeraOtaku

Project 2 rough Critique

Post by ZeraOtaku »

Hey guys, sorry it took so long this website http://www.arngren.net/ was a lot more difficult than i thought it was going to be. Let me know what you guys think.

and this id
and this id
This is the search page
This is the search page
This is page where it gives you info about the product and the price
This is page where it gives you info about the product and the price

IvorHarvey

Re: Project 2 rough Critique

Post by IvorHarvey »

I think that you've done a really good job trying to categorize all the different areas of this website instead of having them all image links on a single homepage. I think the overall designs comes across as a little too cartoonish for the type of website that you're redesigning. I think that the purple color is okay- but that mustard yellow isn't too appealing! haha.

My suggestion would be to try and make it a little more professional looking- try using neutral colors (maybe different shades of grey?) with bold typefaces instead of your kind of bubble text you have for the body copy. (The navigation looks alright! just plain)

But I do commend you on choosing such a crazy website!
Ivor Harvey

michelek

Post by michelek »

The Original site is crazy, it even has a girl flashing her "twins". I would have to agree with Ivor with the color choices. Like the purple but not paired with the mustard yellow, but some yellows complement the purple better. Align the text on the two inner pages - drop buttons down "search page"and bring up "model: t 34" up even with top of image with smaller font size left justified. Your site is so much cleaner and easier to navigate than the original site. Good Job!
MK
Michele K Ott

EduardoG

Post by EduardoG »

Hi,
your designs are such an improvement from the ship wreck of a site that is arngren.
Your roughs are great, but, I would go with the second rough, since the first design seems too cartoonish and the third doesn't seem to have as good of navigations as the second.
The color scheme of the design should probably be changed to match with the products that are being sold, and that's pretty much it, great design!
- Eduardo Garcia

erose

Post by erose »

It was waaaaay more difficult than anticipated, for sure! Just wait until we have to turn our .jpgs into web pages! (*whew!*)

I love what you did to help out your horrible site! Organization is definitely the key to helping this one out! I like your color choices and layouts. The pictures on your rough2 remind me of old school polaroids, I like that a lot. And I'm ok with the buttons and the nav bar being the same color on your rough2. It works for me.
I clicked on a product from the original site, and that page was as crazy as the home page. So, I like how your rough3 shows just 1 product (I'm assuming it's the product previously clicked on).
My only suggestion would be to be a little more exciting with your home page. The big purple area is just screaming "spruce me up!" Really well conceived & a great start!!

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

I still don't see a signature on your posts there, Anonymous.

I'd like to see a second design. These all look part of the same design.

I like that you rummaged around in that pile and cam up with a tank store! I'm totally down with it. The anime Soldier 76 who's selling me these tanks is amusing. I like him. The top bar is a little crowded on all your pages, but the content areas themselves are nicely laid out with generally a lot of good margin and padding without losing unity. Your navigation is well placed and pretty easy to use. Typographically it's pretty decent and tells me what it needs to.

I'm not sold on the purple and olive colorscheme though. Make sure on your buttons to keep a unified type size and size your buttons around the largest word in your navigation. Your buttons could also use a little padding. Those words are awfully close to the edges in some spots. Your search bar could also use a little bit of margin around it too. The top bar is a pretty good layout, it just needs room to breathe. Watch your right margin on the individual product page.

Good effort!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

KKentera_5000

Post by KKentera_5000 »

Wow! Well that was a website alright! I spent way too much time looking around at all that weirdness. I think you have laid out a very organized site in comparison. I feel you're trying to keep it fun while trying to keep the visitors sanity.

I think maybe you should keep all the thumbnails on the 2nd page the same size and possibly do something with the purple space on the homepage. You might want to put a lil' more imagery on that homepage just to make a clear statement about what the site entails. Very good foundation work! I see you have left some space for future things which is not a bad thing.
Kevin Kentera

gracelark

Post by gracelark »

I think your little dude is cute and funny. If it were me, I might pull that kelly green of his jacket into the design somewhere. I think the Arngren logo could be smaller and I also might like a sans serif font a little better.
Andrea (Grace) Hutchison

elizabeth_mccurdy

Post by elizabeth_mccurdy »

wow the Original page is crazy :roll:

I think you are doing a better job with the page. I like the second rough, it is simple and more organizes. I like the pictures and the designs it is easier to navigate. I just think you should play more around with the color.

Good Job!
Elizabeth McCurdy