Tucker M - Final

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
daveryjones

Re: Tucker M - Final

Post by daveryjones »

I really enjoy this. I like your illustration style and think this website will attract all types of viewers. What is the hazy mist around the jellyfish? It kind of confuses me. That's really the only suggestion I have though. Great work!
Kind Regards,
Dallas Avery Jones
wooster.avery@gmail.com | (775)338-7346

]“Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality.” - Edgar Allan Poe

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Ooooh, very dark and Lovecraftian. Nice work, sir.

Your design uses it's grayscale color scheme very well to set a dark and mysterious mood. I can feel the fog rolling in on the above water page and an increasing sense of isolation and discomfort as I get further down. I like the whimsical themed backgrounds for each of your scrolling pages. They establish individual page themes and keep the website from getting too oppressive. I also like the blend of 2D and 3D graphics. It gives it a fractured modern gothic feel. As part of that, the design uses contrast beautifully.

Just two issues. One, I'm not sold on your page title typeface. I think it's difficult to read and doesn't add much to the composition. Two, your right margins on your titles are a little too tight for comfort.

But it does have a bonus kraken!

Very nice, Tucker!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

sierra_style

Post by sierra_style »

I like your layout a lot. The endless scroll/endless depth of the ocean is a very awesome theme. I think once you add what you were saying to the title page, to make it more of a title page its going to be sweet. Will be a fun website to look at finished for sure.
Mark Sinnott

ravennvrmre

Post by ravennvrmre »

I really like what I’m seeing, you might think about tilting the titanic because it kind of looks like it’s still sailing which is a little disjointed from the sea life around it. I think your portfolio “page” looks fine and it’ll be the biggest “page” of them all so it makes sense that it’s built bigger. I also don’t think color is really needed in the website, it looks fine without it. However, if you did decide to go with color you could do a subtle blue background (so everything else is in a sort of silhouette) that gets darker and more dull as it goes. Great job and I look forward to seeing more.
Vicki Miller

seancl123

Post by seancl123 »

This is a really good design and its going to work well. Its going to be interesting to see the final product on line.
Sean Lee

jtenenbaum

Post by jtenenbaum »

Hi Tucker,
Truly unique and out-of-the-box creation! Great use of black & white color scheme and your imagery is way cool.
Nice work!
Jodi Tenenbaum