Project two preliminary critique- Two guys website

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
ariaaearnest

Project two preliminary critique- Two guys website

Post by ariaaearnest »

Hello everyone. I'm really sorry for uploading these so late. Hopefully I can still get some critique on these. The website I had to redesign was the Two Guys from Hong Kong website. They are a small local restaurant that specializes in Chinese food.

For my first layout, I wanted to try and match it to the interior of the restaurant. I wasn't sure if people would understand the buttons at the bottom of the menu were for changing the page so I added that in just in case. If it doesn't need explaining I'll take it out later.
project_two_rough_page_1.jpg
project_two_rough_page_2.jpg
For my second layout I went with more traditional colors associated with Chinese restaurants. Lots of reds and golds with a circular patten to give it texture. As always, thanks for looking!
rough_layout_twoguys_p1.jpg
Attachments
rough_layout_twoguys_p2.jpg
Aria Earnest

Joe_Morales

Re: Project two preliminary critique- Two guys website

Post by Joe_Morales »

I really like both concepts, they both really capture Chinese culture with their use of imagery. however I believe right now the stronger of the two is your red design it makes me more hungry for their food than your water color one. I especially like your placement of your buttons but id watch you spacing as theyre getting a little close to the top.
Joseph Morales

dazey_duck

Post by dazey_duck »

I really want Chinese food now so congratulations. I enjoy your first design more than your second, I think your balance is very elegant by creating the boxed lines right under your navigation and having the company name on top. However I thing the font you used for the company name could be just a tad more expressive.
Kaylyn Dazey
GRC Student at TMCC

ariaaearnest

Post by ariaaearnest »

Just bumping so people see it.
Aria Earnest

rmiyashiro

Post by rmiyashiro »

The first design is neat, but the second one has more food pictures and good color.
Ryan 'Danger' Miyashiro

lornrocks

Post by lornrocks »

Aria,

I like your second design quite a bit. It fits the theme of the restaurant really well and I appreciate the color scheme, images, font choices, and texture of the header. The circle shape in the middle is a nice touch. I can't think of something you can improve on this design, other than to just make sure this is something you can accomplish with the code we're learning in class now (I think you can). This should work out pretty well for the restaurant, I think.

Good job!
Lauren Solinger

dbranby

Post by dbranby »

I'm loving the second design, both for the traditional Chinese colors, which telegraph to the viewer what this site is about, but also because of the nice "fan" touch of the menu. Looking forward to seeing it come to life!
— David Branby

kaycee_weddell

Post by kaycee_weddell »

Aria, both designs are great but I am really loving the second one. The imagery is awesome and I love how you did something unique with the navigation. I would go with the second design!
Kaycee Weddell

jtenenbaum

Post by jtenenbaum »

Hi Aria, you really captured the essence of this place. Clean design, good images and font choices.
Jodi Tenenbaum