Project 3 preliminary

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
Benjamin_Nance

Project 3 preliminary

Post by Benjamin_Nance »

Here are my web sights for project 3 preliminary.
Attachments
websight3.jpg
websight2.jpg
websight1.jpg
grc.jpg
Benjamin Nance

kaycee_weddell

Re: Project 3 preliminary

Post by kaycee_weddell »

Great start on your designs. I feel like the first concept is a little plain with that green background so I am leaning more towards the bottom concept with the TMCC image in the background. Your navigation looks easy to use but try working on placement more with your images on the staff page. Keep playing with it and I think it will come together. Good job.
Kaycee Weddell

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Nice! Another set of proofs where I get to be That Guy. Here we go ...

.. ahem ...

I think you should combine your two designs.

Always fun to be that guy.

Part of the reason you should combine them is that they are similar. A little too similar for my taste. I like the black header from your first one. It has good contrast and acts as a frame. I also like the photographic background on your second one so I think it would look great if you pulled the header from the first and put it on the photographic background of your second. I'm not sold on your buttons, they seem small, difficult to read, and they have no margin so their text looks really crammed in. Try making them text buttons on a dark background, maybe a darker version of TMCC's bile green. Your content seems well enough laid out, though you're going to want to look out for your margins on your center text area.

I think what it needs most is a few little effects to give it some visual interest. Try drop shadows behind the content boxes. Maybe a little transparency in those boxes. And maybe a few subtle patterns or shines here and there to add a little more visual interest.

A good start!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

gr8ful1

Post by gr8ful1 »

I like both of your designs, they are very similar. I think the plain green background is a little too plain, maybe try adding a background texture or something. You could use the photo like your second design, but I would make it a little transparent. Right now it is a bold graphic and it competes with everything on your pages, especially the instructor photos. I would put those photos into containers with shadows or borders maybe, just to break them out of the background. I think doing that, and working on your margins so things are a little more centered and not too close to edges will give you a good design.
Kirsten Sorensen

dzynecin88

Post by dzynecin88 »

I like your both of your layouts but find the second one a little busy. That said, the first one is a little plain and adding some texture to the background would really help. I like the shape of your content boxes and nav bar. One thought might be to use the TMCC design you created as a background image and fill the page with it.
Cindy Salyer

lornrocks

Post by lornrocks »

I feel like a clean color background would suit your designs better than a photograph would. It looks too busy with the photograph behind it. Perhaps a minimalist texture would look good, as well.

I like what you're going for but I think it needs more work. The way the photos of the staff circles the text area looks a little cramped. Perhaps when you do the actual coding, you can have the photo next to the description, and then the next photo next to its description, and so on, you know?

That said, I think you have a good start with the layout. The navigation is clear and easy to read and use, and you have a good layout going. You just need to organize your inner content better and add some pizzaz.
Lauren Solinger

ariaaearnest

Post by ariaaearnest »

Hey Ben,

All of your ideas seem pretty similar so I would just do what Michael said and combine your ideas. I would try to tweak your layout more so it looks more organized. Also do you have a bigger version of your rough? It's really hard to read your text.

Aria
Aria Earnest

rmiyashiro

Post by rmiyashiro »

I definitely prefer your first design. The color choices work well and the layout is simple. There's too much going on in the background of your other design.
Ryan 'Danger' Miyashiro

ravens.way

Post by ravens.way »

Nice job with your designs. I like the one with the black header the best. The green font in the header really stands out. It seems like something in the background in this one but I'm not sure what. The other design a nice layout. I think if you used transparency to the boxes overlain on it the styles would blend better.
Gwendolyn Jones-Gailey