Project 3 Skeletons

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
Ryan_Hartman

Project 3 Skeletons

Post by Ryan_Hartman »

They're not so spooky or scary but they are skeletons.The true bare bones.

Version one has more of a side button set up verses the second is on the top.
Yeah super simple yay..
Attachments
version 1 overview
version 1 overview
version 1 instructors
version 1 instructors
version 2 overview
version 2 overview
Version 2 classes
Version 2 classes

Joe_Morales

Re: Project 3 Skeletons

Post by Joe_Morales »

They are simple but its nice to have an idea of how you want to layout the information. That said I think your design would be stronger if you scaled down or drop the opacity of those colored boxes because they are covering up your nice background images and taking over the pages. I think either button spread would work nice work i'm excited to see what you come up with.
Joseph Morales

kaycee_weddell

Post by kaycee_weddell »

Your designs are pretty simple, but it looks like this is just a rough layout of your final designs. I do agree with Joe the background color is covering up your background imagery so try dropping the opacity so we can see the background image. Also maybe cut the background out of the TMCC logo. Also in your instructors page, it looks like you lost your nav. Be sure to add that on to improve your navigation. Good luck!
Kaycee Weddell

lornrocks

Post by lornrocks »

I like your top design with the peach colored boxes, but I feel like the photograph in the background is useless when the boxes are opaque and cover like 90% of it. Maybe add a little transparency to the boxes so the image can show through. Maybe make your text into columns or sections so it's not just a wall of text, either.

That being said, your layouts are clean and easy to read and navigate. It has potential, so try and play around with fun exciting layouts and maybe even try new fonts since we learned the new @fontface code.
Lauren Solinger

rmiyashiro

Post by rmiyashiro »

I agree with Joe and Lauren. Go with the peachy color and adjust the opacity. The amount and flavor of the green is too much in my face.
Ryan 'Danger' Miyashiro

dbranby

Post by dbranby »

Looking forward to seeing you "flesh out" these skeletons! For starters, I think I prefer the green version because color-wise, it has a link to the TMCC brand. I'd like to see you integrate more photographs into your designs -- it's a quick way to add color and texture, and besides, people are really drawn to photographs. Good luck in your build-out!
— David Branby

dnorwood

Post by dnorwood »

I like the layout of version 1 better. The text is more compact and not strung out across the page. I agree with the other comments about the opacity of your boxes. They do cover up too much of your background picture. A thought would be to lower the overall opacity and to add just a semi-thin border of the 100% opacity color.
Good luck,
Denise
Denise Norwood

ravens.way

Post by ravens.way »

Both of your designs have possibilities. I like the one with the peach color the best. The text on your designs are easy to read and are well spaced. I agree on dropping the opacity so your background image can show through.
Gwendolyn Jones-Gailey

raoki

Post by raoki »

I agree with all suggestions you've got so far, so do that :)
And I think you should just decide which way you wanna go with, the horizontal navigation or the vertical navigation then just try to make them consistent.
If the navigation doesn't follow to all pages, you gotta get a solution how viewers can go back to the home page or move to different pages. Maybe you can make a button on the right bottom which can jump to the top page, like I did for my design.
Remi Aoki :D

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

These are a little thin to give full critique info for, but I will give you what feedback I can.

These seem pretty similar, but I'm giving the nod to the second version since it has a consistent navigation on both inner page and outer page and I cannot find the overall navigation on the inner page of the other one. I like your full page image backgrounds. Perhaps use a different full page image background for each page, both to show off the campus and reinforce each page's differences. Your text is large and easy to read and your navigation is easy to find and use. Your layouts are clean and easy to follow. I also like the sub images in the content. Small, illustrative images go a long way to reinforcing your page content a spelling out a lot of the type to your users.

I don't think you need the colored boxes. They interfere with your background image. I think you can achieve the same thing with a semi transparent content container in the middle. Either shrink your text or expand your buttons so that the text on each buttons are on one line. I'd also use a sans-serif typeface with your layout. I think it would look cleaner. Also, use a version of the logo with a transparent background.

A good start!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173