Project 2 Final

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
dnorwood

Project 2 Final

Post by dnorwood »

http://grc175.com/student/spring_2016/denise_norwood/

:!: New and more pages added! I had a request from another TMCC department to see some of my work, so I added a Gallery link with examples of some of the work I have done in other classes. And while the Project III link is hoverable, it isn't active yet.

The premise of this project was to find an existing website that is badly designed and to redesign it and build a 5 page prototype website.
The website I chose is Natural Advantage Health Shoppe. The original site is green on green with blue text. As well as the layout making it look narrow, it has very little contrast to break up the monotony. Each of the pages throughout look the same. However, the logo, is a very good feature.
I rebuilt the site using the logo as my starting inspiration. Using the greens from the logo I moved the links to the left side and replaced the green banner header with pictures of more colorful herbs. By adding a neutral, textured area for the body, I widened and brightened the feel of the whole composition yet still left an organic, natural feel. To round out my solution for this site, I added text and pictures taken from the original website.

Denise
Last edited by dnorwood on Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Denise Norwood

rmiyashiro

Re: Project 2 Final

Post by rmiyashiro »

Your redesign is a definite improvement over the current site. The pages are well laid out and they are well unified. The link back to project 1 works as do all the links in your site. My only issue is that none of your text is copyable. Good job! I've yet to finish mine.
Ryan 'Danger' Miyashiro

lornrocks

Post by lornrocks »

Ryan, I'm not sure why you want to copy the text, haha. That is a good point though, I didn't even check to see if I could do that.

I know you've been stressing about your redesign, Denise, but this looks fantastic! You did a great job with building it and with putting it all together. The color scheme and font choices are nice, and I like your header. It's easy to navigate and easy to read and very pleasing to look at, as well. Very informative. I think you should pitch it to the client!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who created a "splash page" to describe the project and then had a link to the actual site. (Your project 1 page looks great, too!)

I also love that you flower headers change with each page. What a cute touch!

The only thing that doesn't seem so good is the photo quality for some of your images look poor. Which isn't necessarily your fault, if you saved them off the original website and their photos sucked. Other than that, good job!
Lauren Solinger

kaycee_weddell

Post by kaycee_weddell »

Denise! Great job! Your project turned out really well. I love the bright colors and I enjoyed how you changed the header image on all of your pages using different flowers. It definitely has that nature vibe you were looking for! It was nice how you described the project on your project 2 page and then had a link to take you to the site. Good job!
Kaycee Weddell

Joe_Morales

Post by Joe_Morales »

Denise you did a great job with this I really like how you moved the site away from its all green design and included a wider array of colors with images and texture. I agree with Lauren id avoid using the low resolution photos but sometimes it is unavoidable. great job!
Joseph Morales

dzynecin88

Post by dzynecin88 »

You did a fantastic job with this project, Denise! Your attention to detail reflects the time you've obviously put into your designs. Your personal site came out great - simple but elegant layout. Your redesign site is fabulous and a huge improvement over the original. I love the floral headers giving the previously boring green-on-green site a fresh new look. Although some of the images weren't the best quality, I could tell they were thoughtfully placed and the content is effective. Very well done!
Cindy Salyer

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Good work, Denise. You've done well bringing your designs to life.

Where both of your websites really shine is in their use of texture. The wet, leafy texture used in your navigation and logo on Project 2 really puts me in mind of a greenhouse and helps establish atmosphere on the site. Your stone textures on your Project 1 give a feeling of warm permanence that puts me in a comfortable state of mind. Your typography is well chosen and easy to read. Your navigations are all large and easy to use. Very nice use of interactivity throughout. Your rollovers really help reinforce what's clickable and what is not. Both layouts are super clean, as well and don't get in the way of your info.

I noticed a stray bullet on your inner page navigation of your Project 2. I also noticed you used a lot of image type throughout. That's fine for this project, but now that I'm showing you guys how to embed fonts, I'll want to see more live type used in future projects.

Very nice work, indeed!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

ravens.way

Post by ravens.way »

Nice job, Denise! Both of your site are very well done. The project 2 site is nicely laid out and looks very professional.
Gwendolyn Jones-Gailey

ariaaearnest

Post by ariaaearnest »

Great job Denise!

I really love how your second website design turned out. The only problem is the low resolution photo of the lady. But I like how you mixed up the site with different colors so it didn't constantly stay green.
The textures you used on your first website are nice too.

Aria
Aria Earnest