Project #3 ~ prelim

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
breezy

Project #3 ~ prelim

Post by breezy »

Hi all,

Here are my prelims for project #3. Tell me what you think!

Cheers,
Attachments
index_page_01.jpg
body_page_01.jpg
index_page_02.jpg
body_page_02.jpg
"A day without laughter is a day wasted." - Charlie Chaplin

Brianna Mick

erika.murray

Re: Project #3 ~ prelim

Post by erika.murray »

I like the image that you're using in the second layouts. The navy and green go together well. You may want to put a green rectangle behind your navigation text on the homepage.
Fate, my friend, you say the strangest things

Erika Murray

ktwy

Post by ktwy »

Your second design definitely feels like it fits the assignment better than the first.
I like that you used a picture of Reno for your background, although the font for your bodycopy seems a bit too whimsical to be used in an academic setting.

selvster5000

Post by selvster5000 »

Looking at these a second time around, I'm a fan of both. I like the color scheme in the first layout and the image in your second. However, for the proposes of this assignment I think the second design is more representational of the school. \

You might drop the opacity of the dark blue box and center align the Headline, good work
Cheers,
Hannah Selvey

chaytothet

Post by chaytothet »

Hey!

I like both of these, the first is actually my favorite. I have a lot of wadded up pieces of paper that litter my floors some nights. I think if you could make the imagery in the background a little more expressive of that idea, like a guy leaning over a desk with a lamp over his head but with the focus on the trash can full of crumpled pieces of paper?

I strive to have a different idea than the other posts, so I thought this would suffice :P

<3
-Chalyn

Just because my path is different doesn't mean I'm lost
-Gerard Abrams

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

I like your second design. The background photo gives great texture and a sense of place for the website. Your header (implicit in the case of your homepage explicit in the case of your inner page) and footer act as great framing devices for your content area. I like your choice of typography as well. It's a clean sans-serif with a little bit of perky quirkiness to it that livens up the design a bit. You've also made it so that I can actually look at the TMCC green without wincing just by throwing a gradient on it. I like your navigation placement as well. It's easy for the eye to pick up on both your homepage and inner page designs, but it's not massive or overpowering.

Maybe try the inner pages with no official header line you have on your home page? Perhaps use different pictures on different pages? I'm not sold on the blue-green either. I think it might look good as a semi transparent darker or lighter shade of the TMCC green. Watch your margins, both to the left and right of your footer and along the bottom of your inner page navigation top bar.

Good effort, Brianna.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

susielang

Post by susielang »

I am really liking the second design. Think it is very TMCC and the layout is easy to navigate. Great job.
Susie Lang

Peelio

Post by Peelio »

Hi,

The second design is easier to read than design 01. It it easy to navigate and understand. The colors may need some adjusting for the design to be visually stronger. The contrast works well, however. The typeface works well with the design.
Melissa Peel

SerenDark

Post by SerenDark »

I'm a big fan of your second design! It might be worthwhile to make the footer text white and your bodycopy text a little larger, on both pages. Maybe also try making the top part of both pages the same, in regards to the nav and logo?
=== Olivia Putnam ===
SerenDark on:
Steam, Twitch, Discord

Moderator for DreadedCone's Twitch channel & Discord server.
Illustration, design, and Dark Souls game enthusiast.

====================

Kyler_Rose

Post by Kyler_Rose »

Between the two layout I would say that i the second set is better. The First layout is hard to read and the colors do not work well together. As for the second layout it is nice looking and clean. I would go with the no colored nav bar design for the final version
Kyler Rose