Project 3 FINAL

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
ktwy

Project 3 FINAL

Post by ktwy »

Hi All!
Happy End of the Semester!!

I think on this last project I finally started to understand Dreamweaver... shocking :shock:
You can view my final website for Project 3 at:
http://www.grc175.com/student/fall_2017 ... index.html

Hope you all have a great Winter Break!

Ariesboxsye

Re: Project 3 FINAL

Post by Ariesboxsye »

Beautiful look honestly. The artistic feel I get from your layout and color scheme for some reason makes me think of drawing artistry and GRC 110. I like how you incorporated imagery into each section while not over powering your body font.

Your nav buttons seem to flat for this, I would like to see them pop more bot visually and with functionality.
~Names Aries Shelley~

SerenDark

Post by SerenDark »

Very well done! I love the organization and the functionality with the nav buttons. I find myself wishing that your fonts, or at least the header one, were more creative. Your titles could also be larger, I think, and there's some contrast issues here and there between the body copy and their background. But your site is gorgeous, easy to use, fully functional, and informative!
=== Olivia Putnam ===
SerenDark on:
Steam, Twitch, Discord

Moderator for DreadedCone's Twitch channel & Discord server.
Illustration, design, and Dark Souls game enthusiast.

====================

Kyler_Rose

Post by Kyler_Rose »

overall your webiste is looking verynice the only thing i would say to change is to work on your student work area some more.
Kyler Rose

breezy

Post by breezy »

Hey,

I loved seeing all your amazing designs this semester, great job!
"A day without laughter is a day wasted." - Charlie Chaplin

Brianna Mick

fjbo

Post by fjbo »

VERY FANCY!

Your website is one of those that you really enjoy visiting.

The Strong: Concept. Layout. Details. This single-page website is very nice and speaks art and design which is a very good selling argument by itself. I like how you decided to use gray for the left navigation panel so you could focus on every "page"/section [color] composition by itself. I liked ho you paid attention to little details like the round corners except for one and the customization done for your type: the line height, letter spacing, line breaking. that is pretty pretty good. I really really enjoyed the almost-responsive one-page experience that you delivered.

The Not-So-Strong: Syllables. Typography: I think the only big one here is how you decided to break down the typographic logo for "Graphic Communications". Remember to rely on syllables for breaking up text when dealing with typographic elements and line breaks. I do understand that gra-phic com-mu-ni-ca-tions is hard to fit into a 3:2 or 1:1 ratio while keeping a justified and balanced lines of type. 31:20 is the ratio you are working on in that specific image. Also, I believe there is some room for improvement in terms of typography specially after your work done for the copy blocks. The use of font style/families is a bit off when sans-serif type comes out of the blue. The customized serif font works very well for your copy content, but headers would have be all consistent with your sans-serif font, but I am assuming you wanted to use sans-serif only to emphasize words or ideas.

Awesome work!!! Huge fan, honestly! Keep it up!
FJBO

FRANCISCO JAVIER BECERRA-ORTIZ