final Project#3

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
Marco_Horta1

final Project#3

Post by Marco_Horta1 »

hi everyone,

Here is the final project, thank you for all your help and inputs have a nice break, it was nice to meet you!
http://www.grc175.com/student/fall_2017 ... index.html
"Whoever is trying to bring you down, is already below you"- KUSHANDWIZDOM
Marco Horta

Ariesboxsye

Re: final Project#3

Post by Ariesboxsye »

Very professional and mixed with advertisement idea. The pages felt more like they were focused on capturing the artistic side of the Graphic Design program while providing the important information where it was needed.

Your nav buttons feel alright but I think they could be pushed more then where they are now, roll overs seem fine and clicking highlights are okay but they feel more tacked on then purposeful. Change the font, stylize it maybe, I think simply doing that would really help the buttons feel important.
~Names Aries Shelley~

SerenDark

Post by SerenDark »

I love the vertical sort of design spaces that you're working with! Like, splitting the GRC classes and certificate information into two columns, and the like. It feels like a really good use of the space and it's easy to digest. Your site is small and simple, fitting on one's screen well without feeling bloated at all. The only suggestions I would make are to possibly find more expressive fonts and work with some of your body copy styles a bit more so it doesn't feel like the sort of default CSS style-less HTML site. But in a way, the look works and it has its own charm.
=== Olivia Putnam ===
SerenDark on:
Steam, Twitch, Discord

Moderator for DreadedCone's Twitch channel & Discord server.
Illustration, design, and Dark Souls game enthusiast.

====================

Kyler_Rose

Post by Kyler_Rose »

Your Website is looking very nice but yourstudent gallery is a cool way to look at it but to me it just seems very messy.
Kyler Rose

breezy

Post by breezy »

Hey,

I loved seeing all your amazing designs this semester, great job!
"A day without laughter is a day wasted." - Charlie Chaplin

Brianna Mick

ktwy

Post by ktwy »

First of all, both your homepage and TMCC websites fit my browser perfectly, so that was awesome! Secondly, your design was very clean and organized, and you included a lot of fun colors and images in your design. Great job!! :) Have a great winter break!

fjbo

Post by fjbo »

It's looking good and serious.

The Strong: Brand Identity. Imagery. Use of space. I like that you have a lot of branding elements, for both TMCC, Adobe and Apple which speaks "Big Name" in the industry. Your imagery is very engaging and attractive.

The Not-So Strong: Font. Hover Effects. Remember to support your design with typography, the generic serif font works very good for your text though. I like the idea of doing something different when hovering, in this case in particular, the change of the font size. Different is good, but you need to make things clear to users, because they might assume that is not intentionally done and something is not working right, specially because it makes (slight) changes to your layout. Again, I like the idea. Just make sure to use some padding compensate for the change of size of your text. For instance: if your text increases size by 4 pixels tall, then add 2px for bottom and top padding.

Your progress was huge this semester Marco, keep your hard work going. I like the way you spice up your corporate-oriented style. Really very good.
FJBO

FRANCISCO JAVIER BECERRA-ORTIZ