project 2 link

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
Marco_Horta1

project 2 link

Post by Marco_Horta1 »

hello everyone, finally here are my first websites tryouts. I will continue to redefine and fine tune those websites

Here is the link to the project two, http://www.grc175.com/student/fall_2017 ... index.html
"Whoever is trying to bring you down, is already below you"- KUSHANDWIZDOM
Marco Horta

susielang

Re: project 2 link

Post by susielang »

Your home page is great. Really like what you did with the GRC 175 logo. The site before and after- what a difference. Really liking the placement of the images. Think it looks 100 percent better. Information is much easier to read and navigate.
Susie Lang

chaytothet

Post by chaytothet »

Hey! Nice going, I really like the way things are headed.

My poor little brain would LOVE to see a splash of color somewhere. They layouts are so well developed I'd love to see some color. Maybe the blue that is reflected in the product images? I think that would really take things to the next level.

I really like what you've done with the place!!
-Chalyn

Just because my path is different doesn't mean I'm lost
-Gerard Abrams

erika.murray

Post by erika.murray »

Home page is looking good. You could push the typefaces a little more, they are looking somewhat basic and I feel like it should match more with your really cool GRC logo.

As for the product website, you did a nice job cleaning up that wall of text! I really like the products page and the layout. Again, I think you should go with different typeface. Maybe a sans serif would look nice.
Fate, my friend, you say the strangest things

Erika Murray

selvster5000

Post by selvster5000 »

Marco you definitely did a solid job on cleaning up the original website design. That original website still makes my eyes hurt!
It looks very clean and organized and the color scheme gives the website a professional feel to it. I think your homepage may
look more visually appealing by incorporating more colors from your logo into the layout design. Overall well done.
Cheers,
Hannah Selvey

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Very clean layout work, Marko. Very clean indeed. The high contrast white background reminds me of a clean room where these radical new Atari consoles are built. The rest of your layout reflects this too. Your margins are clean and allow everything it's place without fragmenting your design. Your images provide eye catching splashes of color in your "clean room". They layout of your type is also strong and emphasizes the organization of your content. Your navigation is well placed and easy to see and use.

Having now seen it blown up on the big screen, I don't think the Atari logo needed that drop shadow. I'm still not fond of the serif type. It does not work well for a tech website. I'd also have liked to see a couple of more pages on the website.

Nice effort!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

SerenDark

Post by SerenDark »

Your home site is really clean and really easy to navigate! I love what you did with the GRC logo.
However, the logo is so much more interesting than the rest of the site. It has more color, it has more a more interesting font style. I would love to see some of this expression carried out elsewhere on your site.

Your Atari site is great and organized well! I think it could benefit from a light splash of the blue that's in the main product images, and your type overall doesn't really feel to fit the theme very well. Eurostile might be a good choice for the navbar text and the "Best Electronics CA", among other headers, I believe.
=== Olivia Putnam ===
SerenDark on:
Steam, Twitch, Discord

Moderator for DreadedCone's Twitch channel & Discord server.
Illustration, design, and Dark Souls game enthusiast.

====================

breezy

Post by breezy »

Hey,

Looking good! Overall both sites are great but I would love to see a little more color in both of them!
"A day without laughter is a day wasted." - Charlie Chaplin

Brianna Mick

Peelio

Post by Peelio »

Hi,

The two designs look great and flow very well. Overall the websites are easy to navigate. The graphics on the grc page really pop and stand out. The contrast is great, but maybe more colors from the logo could be used as accents to give a little more visual interest. The best electronics page design is clean and sleek. The products page images and style are visually appealing.
Melissa Peel

Cassiebowers

Post by Cassiebowers »

Your website is really clean and I like how you did the layout of the pictures on the Project 2 home page. Maybe add a color somewhere to make your layout pop a bit more.
Cassandra Bowers