Project 2 Final

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
selvster5000

Project 2 Final

Post by selvster5000 »

Hellos!

I finally was able to connect to the server and now my website is up and running.
Although, there seems to be some glitches with the spacing of my buttons. If you open
my website on a 15mm Mac book Pro display the buttons are exactly were they should be,
however on any other display... they're not. Someone help? Wrappers/containers aren't working...

Also from the feed back I received, I decided to merge all pages into the website.
Instead of using one layout style for the additional pages, I decided to keep the same stylized
theme of the "about page", but incorporate different images and type placement in the four
other pages. I feel as though the color theme, transparent boxes, and typography, unify the four
additional pages together with the "home" page. Let me know what you think!

Additional Pages:
About
Services
Our Staff
Reviews

Looks best in Google Chrome:
http://www.grc175.com/student/fall_2017/hannah_selvey/
Cheers,
Hannah Selvey

Instructor
Site Admin

Re: Project 2 Final

Post by Instructor »

Interesting. A hub and spoke navigator. I don't see to many of these and I'm not a fan of them, but it works okay here.

Your layout reinforces the classiness of your brand very well. As I mentioned in preliminary critique, I really like the interplay between the orange, white, gray, and black. Your photos do wonders to wordlessly express the high end nature of this salon. Your use of transparency continues to work well and I think is the primary driver of this websites high end feel. Everything loads pretty quickly too, which is a testament to your optimization given how image heavy it is.

I think it actually might have worked better with a white background, but the gray works okay. I think you could use some boldness, spacing, or color to establish informational hierarchy in your bodycopy, right now anything that's not your title or subhead kind of runs together in a justified blob.

Nice work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

susielang

Post by susielang »

The site looks good! Would consider going to this salon if I didn't already have someone that cuts my hair. Anyways, I think your typeface, colors, and images really make this look like a high end salon. I noticed that the body copy on your pages is kind of smaller. Maybe make that easier to read. Otherwise, I really like it!!
Susie Lang

chaytothet

Post by chaytothet »

Lookin' classy!
I love the colors of both sites and how the Salon website turned out!

I like the balance between the orange and monochromatic on the About page, I think the others could maybe use a dash of more orange? Not sure how or if you'd like to incorporate it, but I love what you've done with the place! :D
-Chalyn

Just because my path is different doesn't mean I'm lost
-Gerard Abrams

erika.murray

Post by erika.murray »

Home page colors are so bold and beautiful!

I love your Salon website! The bright orange with black and white photos gives it a really cool style. Love the title on the homepage that sits on both sides of the woman.
One thing to add would be to add a navigation bar on the top of each page like you have on the home page. Great job as always!
Fate, my friend, you say the strangest things

Erika Murray

Peelio

Post by Peelio »

Hi,

The website designs turned out to be solid, clean, and sleek. The colors for the navigation turned out easier to see than the preliminary designs. The slice salon site final design functions well and looks sharp.
Melissa Peel

SerenDark

Post by SerenDark »

Both sites are gorgeous! I love how expressive and nonstandard your home site is. It feels very artsy. Your nav bar buttons could have a larger type size I think, and the gray type is hard to read against the pink with how thin and narrow the letters are.

On your salon site, on the About page, the Home nav button overlaps with the Phone #. Aside from that and your site feels very professional and high-end! It really sells a strong image about the salon.
=== Olivia Putnam ===
SerenDark on:
Steam, Twitch, Discord

Moderator for DreadedCone's Twitch channel & Discord server.
Illustration, design, and Dark Souls game enthusiast.

====================

breezy

Post by breezy »

Hey,

I love both layouts! I would like to see buttons that link to every page but other than that love love, great job!
"A day without laughter is a day wasted." - Charlie Chaplin

Brianna Mick

Cassiebowers

Post by Cassiebowers »

Your salon design looks very sleek and high end. I love the bright orange and your navigation bar is really cool. Maybe you could put the full nav bar on each page. I like your project 1 website it is also very sleek.
Cassandra Bowers

Marco_Horta1

Post by Marco_Horta1 »

Hello Hannah,

Your designs are very nice, I love the contrast created on project 2 by the black and white combine it with the oranges tone. this is a wonderful design very attractive and easy to navigate very nice work.
"Whoever is trying to bring you down, is already below you"- KUSHANDWIZDOM
Marco Horta