Project Two Live Websites, by Francisco

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
fjbo

Project Two Live Websites, by Francisco

Post by fjbo »

IT'S NO FRANKENSTEIN, BUT IT'S ALIVE
My Personal Website is now live at: http://www.grc175.com/student/fall_2017 ... rra_ortiz/. That's where you will be able to access the rest of the projects.

PROJECT II
For my ugly website "plastic surgery", I decided to go with my 4th design. The reason I picked that design is because it fits best the company I chose (http://sweetenersupply.com/). I change the imagery to avoid the irony around the slogan of the company in my drafts. My goal for the website was to reflect a the corporate "top-dog" that they claim to be giving it a simple and corporate treatment to their website.

I simplified the menu for the website since a lot of entries were redundant and did not needed a page on their own. Unfortunately due to timing I was not able to re-do the whole thing, but the content in my do-over should give a good idea of how more content would be placed in the website.

FJBO

FRANCISCO JAVIER BECERRA-ORTIZ

susielang

Re: Project Two Live Websites, by Francisco

Post by susielang »

Looking good! Liking your layout and how you placed the images and illustrations. Great use of your typeface and color.
Susie Lang

chaytothet

Post by chaytothet »

It seems to be alive and well, and that's all we all wanted by the end of the projects, right!? Just glad to have it done and up!

I like what you did with your personal website, it looks AWESOME. The Dot-loving person inside me was squealing with happiness!

On the Corporate loveliness you made... I think it could use some evening out of the columns. the first collum was super short, the second was the picture, and then the last one was a good 2-page lengths longer. I feel like it could benefit from putting some of the last columns info in a footer, or make an extra page for all that and leave it off the front page.

It's come so far, but I feel like you could continue a little farther! Awesome job!!
-Chalyn

Just because my path is different doesn't mean I'm lost
-Gerard Abrams

erika.murray

Post by erika.murray »

Your home page is really incredible - the color, imagery, and typefaces are cool. You’ve got some nice things going on and it really fits with your message and who you are. Your menu pop up is something I want to learn!

You did a great job with unifying the sugar company’s page. I do think the photo of the junk food could be replaced with something else (pile of sugar, something more pure looking).
Fate, my friend, you say the strangest things

Erika Murray

selvster5000

Post by selvster5000 »

Francisco, I love your work, so much creatively and uniqueness all in one site. The scrolly homepage is
my favorite though. Your color scheme is on point and your use of space is magical. I may try moving the
text off the computer image on your homepage though. Awesome job on both websites!
Cheers,
Hannah Selvey

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

I like most of your color scheme choices on this one. The white, blue, green, and light olive work well together. Your choice to right align the thing was very interesting. Nice choice of top bar image. It unifies your composition. Good choice of images throughout this thing, actually. Your sans serif typeface gives the whole website a clean, corporate feel. It emphasizes freshness and implies a clean manufacturing process, which is good for what you are selling. Generally good margins throughout the content as well. I can pick out individual pieces easily enough, but nothing is too far apart or visually fragmented.

The tan used on the main 800 number to the left clashes with your white, blue, green, and olive color scheme. The multiple text alignments create cognitive dissonance as well. I think your body copy could use a little more leading. The right alignment seems a little too subtle. It just looks like there's a ton of excess margin on the left. I don't think your telephone links needed to be underlined either, and the default link blue clashes with your design.

Good effort!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Peelio

Post by Peelio »

Hi,

The website designs look and function very well. There was a slight issue while trying to click on the link for project 2. Scrolling down to view the projects link was not possible. Access to the link was achieved by reducing the browser page size so that the link came into view. Other than the small issue, the site works well and looks sharp and sleek. The colors and graphics unify the design. The sweetener site is sleek and functions very well.
Melissa Peel

SerenDark

Post by SerenDark »

Both of your sites feel really professional and clean! I adore the colors and layout in your home site and the navigation is really interesting. I enjoy what you've done with the "FACTual," "FUNctionality," and "flUIdity."

Your remake site feels very corporate-like and is easy to navigate and understand. Your type choices work surprisingly well and I enjoy that you have fillable forms. The right-alignment of your general body copy is interesting, but it works well.
=== Olivia Putnam ===
SerenDark on:
Steam, Twitch, Discord

Moderator for DreadedCone's Twitch channel & Discord server.
Illustration, design, and Dark Souls game enthusiast.

====================

breezy

Post by breezy »

Hey,

Your sites are really good! The margin on your body copy and images on your personal website are a little tight, overall great job!
"A day without laughter is a day wasted." - Charlie Chaplin

Brianna Mick

Cassiebowers

Post by Cassiebowers »

Your project 1 website is really nice. It is easy to navigate and looks professional. I like the theme you went with for project 2. It looks really professional. Maybe put some more room between the pictures, they are a little close together.
Cassandra Bowers