Project 2 up and running!

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
chaytothet

Project 2 up and running!

Post by chaytothet »

I finished this and put it online last night, but totally spaced this post until this morning, sorry! Here's a link to my website :)

http://www.grc175.com/student/fall_2017/chalyn_tallman/

I'm pretty happy with it, although, I feel like the website I redid should have a footer and be lined up a little nicer. I tried, but the way I was adjusting it before wasn't working.
-Chalyn

Just because my path is different doesn't mean I'm lost
-Gerard Abrams

Instructor
Site Admin

Re: Project 2 up and running!

Post by Instructor »

These came out very well, Chalyn.

The chalkboard works very well as a background and as a website theme. Nice work with the textural background image. It immediately establishes the theme. I can just smell a chalkboard looking at it. Using the top image as the primary differentiator between school sites helps separate them and give each school a touch of individuality. Your navigation takes a second to find, but once found is easy to use. I especially like the white drop shadow rollover. It looks like someone smeared your buttons with their sleeve. Nice work planting fonts in there. Your cursive font makes a great title and headline font. Heck, your site even responds pretty well and I haven't taught you guys responsive design yet!

Looking at it in action, I don't even think it needs the dotted lines around your columns. They would stand alone just fine without them. I'm not sure about using the cursive as bodycopy. It can get a little tough to read at smaller sizes.

Nice job!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

susielang

Post by susielang »

Your site has a really good established theme and the layout to me right away says school. Your typeface helps to pull it all together. Great job! Also, your index page is working really well. Nice colors and illustrations!
Susie Lang

erika.murray

Post by erika.murray »

Home page is beautiful! If you really wanted to change anything, add a different shade of blue in the middle bar.

The school website turned out great! I like the changes from the prelim critique. The homepage image works well against the black.
You could take away those dashed borders and add transparent solid boxes behind the type instead. You could also make it so that each link doesn't open a new tab each time you click on one.

Awesome work!
Fate, my friend, you say the strangest things

Erika Murray

selvster5000

Post by selvster5000 »

Beautiful! Love your layout and your colors for your homepage. You did an excellent job with the chalkboard smears as well. I would probably make it so a new tab doesn't open when clicking a button. But nicely done!
Cheers,
Hannah Selvey

SerenDark

Post by SerenDark »

Oh these are fantastic! Your school website immediately feels like it belongs to a school and the chalkboard texture is incredible.
I love how simple and clean your home site is!
=== Olivia Putnam ===
SerenDark on:
Steam, Twitch, Discord

Moderator for DreadedCone's Twitch channel & Discord server.
Illustration, design, and Dark Souls game enthusiast.

====================

Peelio

Post by Peelio »

Hi,

The home website design is solid. The graphics and colors work well together and are visually pleasing. The school website functions great. The address in the header is a little hard to read because the white bar obscures it. The images of the schools on the inner pages was a nice addition. The background chalkboard image looks neat!
Melissa Peel

breezy

Post by breezy »

Hey girl!

I love your your personal website, it really shows who you are as a designer1 The design of your project 2 really makes it feel like a school website!
"A day without laughter is a day wasted." - Charlie Chaplin

Brianna Mick

Cassiebowers

Post by Cassiebowers »

I like the idea of a chalkboard theme for a school district. I like the chalk shadow for the rollover on the links. My only critique is the links opening a new tab every time you click on them.
Cassandra Bowers

Marco_Horta1

Post by Marco_Horta1 »

hello,

Chaylyn very nice work on both websites. The school one turns out very nice, just add some color to the typography to match the painting on you design great work.
"Whoever is trying to bring you down, is already below you"- KUSHANDWIZDOM
Marco Horta