Project 2 Final

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
Cassiebowers

Project 2 Final

Post by Cassiebowers »

I've been working really hard on this all week and a few hours ago when I went to upload it it broke. Then I fixed it and it broke again ...and again. Thank you Michael for e-mailing me back so quickly. So now hopefully I've uploaded a working website.

http://www.grc175.com/student/fall_2017 ... ra_bowers/

It loads kinda slow because of the background images so I'm going to fix that problem. Most of the background images are placeholders until I have enough free time to photoshop some more ghost photos like the home page. Only a few links work on the interactive map. Nevada, Storey, and then Virginia City. I guess its more of a sample of how the map is supposed it work. Over all I'm happy with it but I'll continue to tinker with it.
Cassandra Bowers

susielang

Re: Project 2 Final

Post by susielang »

Really liking the images you have so far on your site and the map once you finish tinkering with it will be really cool. Think you have a strong theme on your site and the image on your page- like your Photoshop job!
Susie Lang

chaytothet

Post by chaytothet »

I love your personal page!!! Such a nice picture! Did you take it? If so, props. If not, you still have good taste.

I'm curious about the amount of space between the box and the title... Was that intentional?

As for your Re-done website. It's so western it's giving me the desire to go find a ghost town. I love the simplicity of what you carried over from the main page. Just the color scheme and the backmost box.

Anyway, super nice job, they are both stunning websites!
-Chalyn

Just because my path is different doesn't mean I'm lost
-Gerard Abrams

erika.murray

Post by erika.murray »

I like how the black and white photo stays static when you scroll up and down on your home page! The background is very calming. Your ghost town website has a really cool theme to it. I’m not sure if all of your buttons lead to pages (maybe they broke like you mentioned), but great job!
Fate, my friend, you say the strangest things

Erika Murray

selvster5000

Post by selvster5000 »

Your overall ghost town theme is just killer. You really did an excellent job picking out your images.
As Erica has stated, that static image on your museum page works really well! Great job!
Cheers,
Hannah Selvey

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

The theming on this thing is so excellent. It feels so old and weatherbeaten. I like the use of antique photos, as well as the juxtaposition of the old photo with the new on your home page. Great use of texture throughout everything. I think the subtle leather texture in the far background is one of the hidden gems of this composition. Your typography works for some reason. An old west font and a distressed typewriter font should clash all over the place, but your work well together. Perhaps it's the physical distance they keep. Your signpost navigation is easy to see and use, too. I also like using the distressed old paper as a backdrop for your content so that it doesn't get lost in your background images.

I would like to have seen a little more content on some of your pages. Also, your Maps page is missing your navigation. I'd also have liked to see a couple of more pages.

Good job!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

SerenDark

Post by SerenDark »

Your home site is gorgeous! It feels like a great breath of fresh air and I enjoy the organization. I do wonder if the same expressive font you used for the navbar should be on the GRC 175 header as well, but it isn't needed.
Your ghost towns site is oozing with atmosphere and visual style! Some pages are broken and the maps page is missing navigation, but overall it feels and looks fantastic.
=== Olivia Putnam ===
SerenDark on:
Steam, Twitch, Discord

Moderator for DreadedCone's Twitch channel & Discord server.
Illustration, design, and Dark Souls game enthusiast.

====================

Peelio

Post by Peelio »

Hi,

The website designs are looking solid. The student website design flows nicely and is easy to navigate. The home ghost town page design is nice and sleek, but may need more info for visitors. The typeface works to give it the western ghost town feel. Overall it functions well and the graphics tie everything together.
Melissa Peel

breezy

Post by breezy »

Hey,

Overall love both designs! Don't have anything I would change other then what others have already said. Great Job!
"A day without laughter is a day wasted." - Charlie Chaplin

Brianna Mick

Ariesboxsye

Post by Ariesboxsye »

While some pages seem to connect to a blank page, the overall design of website seems to be heading in the proper theme, good job.
~Names Aries Shelley~