Project 2 Final

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
breezy

Project 2 Final

Post by breezy »

Hey all! My websites are up and ready for your viewing.
For project 2 website, I combined my two layouts. You all liked the art from the second layout but the overall clean layout of the first one so I tried to incorporate both into my design. Let me know what you think!

http://www.grc175.com/student/fall_2017/brianna_mick/

(my bad website is in my links button on my website if you care to take a look)

Cheers,
"A day without laughter is a day wasted." - Charlie Chaplin

Brianna Mick

Instructor
Site Admin

Re: Project 2 Final

Post by Instructor »

Nice! It has a midcentury modern feel to it. One of the really strong pieces to it is how you've taken the exterior of their building and both drawn inspiration from it and used elements from it throughout your composition. Good choice on the navigation and headline font. It works well with the midcentury aesthetic. This website would not look out of place on the side of that building. The crossed squares on your inner pages are quite strong as well. Between them and the relatively uniform height of your page content, it creates a great implied frame for all of your inner pages. I also thing your decision to take colors from the Yale School of Art seal and weave it into your design works well to tie everything together.

I'm not sold on your font as a bodycopy font, though. It's too thin and curly and I have a difficult time reading it. I also keep wanting to click on your underlined subheads. Also, I think your home page world look better with a different background color. Right now it looks like it's kind of floating on a sea of white. The white works well for your inner pages, but I think the home page world be served by something different. Perhaps black?

Good work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

susielang

Post by susielang »

Your personal page is really cool. Like the layout, shapes, and colors. Think the body copy typeface could be changed. It does have blocky look to it. Otherwise I like your images and colors. Great job!
Susie Lang

chaytothet

Post by chaytothet »

I would just like to point out how TERRIBLE the original site was. I tried to like it, I tried to think of it as ecclectic or whatever, but I just couldn't. I like what you've done iwth the place, maybe a good phoenix quote would be appropriate here..? "Four score and 7 years ago, from the ashes of design ruin...... ect."

The new site is super clean and informative, Love it!
-Chalyn

Just because my path is different doesn't mean I'm lost
-Gerard Abrams

erika.murray

Post by erika.murray »

Home page is looking great! Love the colors.

You did an excellent job of recreating the Yale Art website. I love the header image mixed with black and white images. A few things to change -- switch up the black and white photos on each page; make it so that when you click on the links it doesn't open a new tab each time; switch the green back to the blue that you were working with in preliminary. The green is nice, but the blue gave it more of a professional and clean look.
Fate, my friend, you say the strangest things

Erika Murray

selvster5000

Post by selvster5000 »

Love the imagery here, and your geometrical shapes on your homepage. Also that color scheme is legit.
The one thing I might change has Erica has mentioned above is that each page opens to a new tab.
Otherwise great job!
Cheers,
Hannah Selvey

Peelio

Post by Peelio »

Hi,

The website designs are easy to navigate and function well. All caps on some of the inner pages of the Yale design is hard to read. For the Yale site design, the colorful artwork that was carried over with the classic B&W photo of the building works well to create a unified look.
Melissa Peel

SerenDark

Post by SerenDark »

Your home site is really pretty! I adore the main header font you used and find that it goes really well with the diamonds.
Your Yale site feels really well laid out! On your Admissions page, I might recommend trying the following:
Instead of

APPLICATION DEADLINE: Online applicants...

try bumping the body text down to the next line, like so:

APPLICATION DEADLINE:
Online applicants...

but try it for all of the paragraphs. It might help with the readability and visual clarity. On your other pages, you might try changing the subhead color from black to the dark blue or a different color and removing the underlines, so they feel less like links but can still help organize the different groups of text.
=== Olivia Putnam ===
SerenDark on:
Steam, Twitch, Discord

Moderator for DreadedCone's Twitch channel & Discord server.
Illustration, design, and Dark Souls game enthusiast.

====================

Cassiebowers

Post by Cassiebowers »

I like the background image you used for your site. The forest green color is cool and works with the primary colors in the rest of the composition. Maybe make the links so they don't open a new tab for every link.
Cassandra Bowers

Marco_Horta1

Post by Marco_Horta1 »

Hello Brianna

Your designs are very nice, especially your personal website it has a wonderful touch. I love the texture and color combination. you have done for those figures.

the other page it easy to navigate and this looks far better from the nightmare of the original site excellent work
"Whoever is trying to bring you down, is already below you"- KUSHANDWIZDOM
Marco Horta